3 Bedroom, Detached House | North Road, Alfriston
An outstanding 3/4 bedroom detached chalet style village residence affording glorious views to the nearby South Downs. The property has been substantially improved in recent years and features a magnificent kitchen/breakfast room and a 26' sitting room with oak framed gallery on the southern elevation which provides glorious views to adjacent countryside. The accommodation is presented to a very high standard throughout with stylishly refitted bathrooms and fine oak latch doors on the ground floor which also provides the potential for ancillary accommodation for a dependent relative if required. Only an inspection will convey the exceptional merit of this outstanding village residence.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- 1 Gardens
- 2 Parking spaces
- Covered Entrance Porch: with oak front door to
- Entrance Hall: with understairs store cupboard, radiator.
- Sitting Room: 26' 4" x 15' 0" (8.03m x 4.57m) featuring a fine oak framed gallery at the southerly end and glorious views towards the adjacent South Downs. Attractive gunmetal wood burning stove set upon a stone plinth, 3 radiators and open plan with
- Dining Room: 11' 6" x 11' 2" (3.51m x 3.40m) with oak flooring, 2 radiators, communicating with
- Magnificent Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 15' 4" x 14' 2" (4.67m x 4.32m) with oak-fronted fitted units and twin bowl sink unit with cupboards below, extensive range of granite working surfaces with drawers, cupboards and display cabinets above and below, range of fitted appliances comprising six ring gas hob with filter hood over, twin oven with cupboards both under and over, refrigerator/freezer and dishwasher, 2 radiators, slate flooring, lovely garden aspect, stable door to the garden and door to
- Utility Room: 10' 7" x 7' 9" (3.23m x 2.36m) with range of fitted units comprising single drainer sink unit with cupboards below, working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below, further matching floor standing and wall mounted cupboards, plumbing for washing machine, slate flooring, radiator, door to the garden.
- Oak steps lead from the entrance hall down to
- Study/Sitting Room: 12' 10" x 7' 8" (3.91m x 2.34m) with radiator and fitted cupboard.
- Snug/Bedroom 4: 12' 3" x 7' 5" (3.73m x 2.26m) with radiator.
- Spacious Refitted Shower Room: with white suite comprising large shower unit, wash basin set into vanity unit with cupboards below, wc, radiator/towel rail.
- The staircase rises to the
- First Floor Landing: with oak latch doors to all rooms and built in shelved linen store cupboard housing the lagged water cylinder.
- Bedroom 1: 20' 6" x 19' 0" (6.25m x 5.79m) with exposed oak timbers and fitted oak latched wardrobe cupboards, eaves storage cupboard, double aspect with a glorious southerly view to the South Downs, radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 17' 2" x 12' 8" (5.23m x 3.86m) with fine views, fitted wardrobe cupboards and chest of drawers, built in wardrobe cupboard and under eaves store cupboard, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 9' 0" x 7' 8" (2.74m x 2.34m) with fine views and radiator.
- Bathroom: with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower, wash basin with cupboards below, wc, radiator/towel rail, oak floor and fine views.
- Outside: The landscaped rear garden is a particular feature of the property with an area of lawn, vegetable garden and well stocked flower beds, timber summer house, further timber garden store. There is also a large patio area which flanks the rear elevation affording wonderful views to the South Downs.
The front garden is laid partly to lawn with flower borders and there is generous off road parking.
- Integral Storeroom/Workshop: with fitted sink, store cupboards and wall mounted gas fired boiler.