6 Bedroom, House | Saffrons Road, Eastbourne
A substantial 6/7 bedroom Edwardian home of great character affording a level 100' south westerly walled garden situated just to the west of the town centre.
The property is believed to date from the first decade of the 20th century and exhibits a wealth of period character including exposed ceiling beams and ornamental period style fireplaces in a number of the principal rooms. The walled level 100' rear garden is also of particular note as are the fine views over the adjacent Saffrons sports ground secured from most of the principal rooms. The property presents a rare opportunity as a substantial family home in this exclusive west town centre location and an early appointment to view is highly recommended.
- 6 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith hanging area for coats, engineered oak flooring, half glazed inner front door.
- Cloakroomwith low level wc, wash basin with cupboards below, radiator, window.
- Magnificent Reception/Dining Hall: 6.73m x 4.45m (22'1" x 14'7")with impressive period style staircase and exposed ceiling beams, radiator.
- Drawing Room: 6.00m x 5.38m (19'8" x 17'8")with handsome period style fireplace and display mantle over, ceiling and wall lights, radiator.
- Family Room/Dining Room: 6.02m x 4.80m (19'9" x 15'9")affording a delightful aspect into the south westerly garden, exposed beamed ceilings with ceiling fan, radiator.
- Conservatory: 4.40m x 4.17m (14'5" x 13'8")affording fine views into the garden, tiled floor with under floor heating, ceiling fan and double glazed doors to garden.
- Fitted Kitchen: 6.02m x 2.08m (19'9" x 6'10")comprising a range of working surfaces with fitted drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets above, stainless steel one and a half bowl sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances including 4 ring gas hob with Elica filter/extractor hood over, AEG multi function microwave oven, eye level oven with grill above, fridge/freezer, ceiling and under counter down lighting, concealed Potterton gas fired boiler, door to
- Side Lobbywith hanging for coats, door to front driveway access to
- Utility Storewith power and light, space and plumbing for laundry appliances, shelving.The handsome staircase rises first to a half landing and then continues to the First Floor landing.
- Master Bedroom Suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.38m x 5.30m (17'8" x 17'5")affording a triple aspect with lovely views over the adjacent Saffrons sports ground, decorative period style fireplace with display mantle over, generous fitted wardrobes, ceiling fan, 2 radiators.
- en suite Bathroom (Jack and Jill with landing as family bathroom)fully tiled and fitted with white suite comprising panelled bath with independent hot and cold taps, stand alone shower cubicle with glass enclosure and chromed fittings, low level wc, bidet with mixer tap, wash basin with mixer tap and cupboard storage below, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
- Bedroom 2: 3.84m x 3.43m (12'7" x 11'3")(excluding the window bay and deep door recess) affording charming views over both the garden and nearby Saffrons, period style fireplace with display mantel, elegant window sea, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 2.67m x 2.40m (8'9" x 7'10")(excluding the door recess), shelved airing cupboard housing lagged hot water cylinder and cold water feed tank.
- Bedroom 4/Study: 3.50m x 1.96m (11'6" x 6'5")affording a delightul aspect over the garden and adjacent Saffrons, radiator.The stairs rise to the second floor landing with access to loft via hatch, radiator.
- Bedroom 5: 3.15m x 2.70m (10'4" x 8'10")with views over the garden and adjacent Saffrons, radiator.
- Bedroom 6: 4.83m x 2.82m (15'10" x 9'3")commanding roof top views over the town, radiator.
- Bedroom 7: 4.01m x 2.00m (13'2" x 6'7")approximately with double glazed low level casement doors to balcony overlooking the Saffrons sports ground and the rear garden, radiator.
- Dressing Room: 3.15m x 2.06m (10'4" x 6'9")with feature half moon window aperture with further cupboards below, fitted wardrobes.
- Bathroomfully tiled and fitted with white suite comprising panelled bath with shower screen and electric shower over, pedestal wash basin, radiator, bathroom cabinet, window.
- Separate wc with window
- OutsideA particular feature of the property is the walled level south westerly rear garden which extends to a depth of approximately 100' and is mainly lawned for ease of maintenance with ornamental borders stocked with flowering plants and shrubs and a number of mature trees which combine to provide a high degree of privacy. There is a generous patio area flanking the rear of the property which secures a similar south westerly aspect. There is also a timber garden shed and coal store.
- Single Garagesituated in an adjacent block.