3 Bedroom, House | Clapham Lane, Litlington
An extremely rare opportunity to secure an enchanting detached period house with annexe and double garage in a secluded garden setting within the picturesque downland village of Litlington.
Within a lovely hidden setting this intriguing Grade II listed property retains a wealth of period character and has been improved over the years to provide a charming home. Only an inspection will convey its very special appeal.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith radiator
- Spacious Sitting/Dining Room: 7.6m x 4.8m (24'10" x 15'8")into the wide sitting room recess which affords a double garden aspect, log burning stove in recess with intriguing partly concealed deep bread oven recess, two radiators, beamed ceiling, large trap door access to a wine cellar.
- Double glazed Conservatory: 5.7m x 3.1m (18'8" x 10'0")with radiator, ceiling roof vents and doors to two secret courtyard gardens.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 5.0m x 3.0m (16'3" x 9'10")equipped with extensive range of working surfaces with silent closing drawers and cupboards below, double bowl stainless steel unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the double oven with four ring Ceran hob with filter hood over, dishwashing machine, washing machine, deep storage cupboad, radiator, beamed ceiling, door to garden.Rear Lobby with door to garden
- Cloakroomwith wash basin, low level wc, window.The staircase rises to the large First Floor Landing.
- Bedroom 1: 3.8m x 3.3m (12'5" x 10'10")excluding the depth of the eaves recess, delightful downland aspect, radiator and loft access.
- Bedroom 2: 3.9m x 2.5m (12'10" x 8'2")with delightful triple aspect and vaulted ceiling with loft access, built in wardrobe/linen cupboard, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 2.3m x 2.0m (7'8" x 6'5")excluding the under eaves recess, downland view, radiator.
- Bathroomcomprising paneled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, pedestal wash basin and low level wc, radiator, part paneled walls, downland view.
- OutsideProviding a delightful setting the charming old world gardens secure a high degree of seclusion. The principal area of garden extends to about 70' and backs onto the adjacent scenic downland countryside. Lawned for ease of maintenance this area of garden also features the Swimming Pool (requiring improvement) and Summerhouse. There are views over the Cuckmere Valley to scenic downland countryside. The lawned garden extends to a private area in front of the house which also secures a high degree of seclusion. to the rear there are two areas of charming courtyard garden which give access to the conservatory.Greenhouse, flint built garden store, oil fired boiler for central heating and oil storage tank.
- Self Contained Annexe comprising open plan Studio Room with Kitchenette: 5.3m x 4.3m (17'5" x 14'0")approximatel maximum measurements of the 'L' shaped room reducing significantly due to sloping ceilings and securing garden views as well as a view toward the Cuckmere Valley. The kitchen area is fitted with worktop with sink unit with mixer tap and drawers and cupboards below, plumbing for washing machine and space for refrigerator.
- Shower Roomwith shower unit, wash basin and low level wc, extractor fan.
- Double Garage: 5.28m 4.62mAdjacent to the garage is a large car parking forecourt providing generous parking space for three or four cars.