5 Bedroom, House | The Brow, Friston
Set within extensive gardens and commanding breathtaking views to the downs and sea - A spacious detached Friston residence offering generous 4/5 bedroom family accommodation with potential for a granny annexe.
Set within extensive gardens and commanding breathtaking views to the downs and sea - A spacious detached Friston residence offering generous 4/5 bedroom family accommodation with potential for a granny annexe facility. The accommodation has been enlarged and substantially improved in recent years now providing outstanding family accommodation with the possibility of an self contained ground floor annexe if required. Only an inspection will convey the appeal of the tasteful range of improvements and the individual character of this property. LOCATION The property is enviably situated within one of the quietest of roads in the exclusive residential area of Friston which is surrounded by scenic downland countryside with the picturesque village of East Dean nearby affording a local shopping facility as well as the ancient Tiger Inn. Surrounding downland countryside offers wonderful recreational opportunity and Eastbourne is only about 4 miles distance offering a wide range of private and state schools as well as theatres and one of the largest sailing marinas on the south coast as well as rail services to London Victoria and to Gatwick.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Spacious Ground Floor Annexe Suite comprising
- The property is approached by its wide block paved entrance drive with generous parking and turning space.
- The staircase rises from the reception hall to the First Floor Landing with radiator.
- The sweeping block paved entrance drive provides generous parking and turning space for several cars.
- Bedroom 412' 6" x 8' 0" (3.81m x 2.44m) with radiator.
- Sitting Room/Bedroom 513' 10" x 12' 7" (4.22m x 3.84m) with oak flooring, radiator, downland views and casement doors to garden
- Bedroom 313' 5" x 9' 5" (4.09m x 2.87m) with sloping ceiling, radiator, under eaves storage, archway to
- Bedroom 215' 6" x 12' 0" (4.72m x 3.66m) excluding the depth of the wall to wall range of built in wardrobe cupboards, radiator, outstanding views and door to
- Large Reception Room21' 3" x 12' 10" (6.48m x 3.91m) oak flooring, 2 radiators, double aspect and arched double doors from reception hall
- Spacious Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 129' 5" x 14' 5" (8.97m x 4.39m) approximate maximum L shaped measurements commanding breathtaking views to the downs and toward the sea, extensive range of built in wardrobe cupboards, radiator.
- Magnificent open plan Kitchen/Family Room33' 10" x 31' 0" (10.31m x 9.45m) into the L shaped recesses securing a fine double aspect and breathtaking views over the gardens to the downs with oak flooring in the sitting area and tiled flooring in the kitchen and dining area and equipped with extensive range of solid oak working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching range of wall cabinets over and large breakfast bar, deep glazed sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, Leisure range oven with 5 gas hobs electric hotplate, 2 ovens with grill below and filter hood over, dishwashing machine and space for American style refrigerator, shelved larder cupboard and in the sitting area is a log burning stove in recess, 2 radiators, wide bi-folding doors to the large terrace and arched double doors give access to the reception hall.
- Utility Room9' 8" x 4' 8" (2.95m x 1.42m) with stainless steel sink unit an worktop with cupboards below, matching wall cabinets over, wall mounted Remeha gas fired boiler and water cylinder, plumbing for washing machine.
- Family Bathroomfitted with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap, low level wc and wash basin set into vanity unit with cupboards below, part tiled walls, radiator.
- OutsideThe property is set within delightful and extensive gardens which provide a lovely setting. The rear garden extends to a depth of 130' mainly laid to lawn for ease of maintenance and containing a wide variety of ornamental shrubs and trees which combine to give a degree of seclusion. A magnificent wide stone paved terrace flanks the rear elevation commanding breathtaking views over the gardens to the downs and towards the sea at Birling Gap. The Summerhouse also secures a fine garden aspect.
- Spacious Luxurious en suite Wet Roomwith large shower section with multi jet shower fittings, vanity unit with matching pair of wash basins with drawers below, low level wc, radiator, tiled floor.
- Spacious Shower Roomwith large shower unit, wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail, ceramic tiled floor, window.
- Reception Hallwith radiator, oak and tiled flooring, deep cloaks cupboard below stairs, large linen storage cupboard.
- en suite Shower roomwith shower unit, wash basin in vanity unit with cupboard below, low level wc, radiator.
- Large Shower Roomwith shower unit, wash basin in vanity unit with drawers and cupboards below, low level wc, radiator, heated towel rail, tiled floor.
- Cloakroomwith wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail and arched double doors give access to