4 Bedroom, House | West Street, Alfriston
Self contained ground floor flat with sitting room, conservatory, kitchen/breakfast room, double bedroom, bathroom. First floor flat with sitting room, kitchen, two double bedrooms, bathroom. Modern electric Rointe heating. Delightful garden setting, generous car parking space.
An intriguing Edwardian style house commading fine downland views from an idyllic Alfriston location. Set within extensive and delightful gardens the property was divided some years ago to provide two self contained flats and can be easily restored to its original form as a fine semi detached family home subject to any consents required. Only an inspection will convey the character and fine appeal of this immaculately presented home and its charming gardens.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Ground Floor Flat Entrance Hallwith radiator and fitted cupboard (access to the ground floor accommodation can be easily restored from the hall.)
- Entrance Lobbywithy quarry tiled floor and fitted cupboard.
- Large Inner Hallwith potential for easy access into the original entrance hall and staircase to the first floor accommodation.
- Sitting Room: 4.1m x 3.6m (13'6" x 11'9")with fine period fire surround and tiled hearth flanked by book shelving, radiator.
- Double Glazed Conservatory: 3.1m x 3.0m (10'0" x 9'9")commanding a glorious view over the gardens toward the downs and with tiled floor and double doors giving access to the garden.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 3.2m x 3.1m (10'7" x 10'0")with range of working surfaces with soft closing drawers and cupboards below and matching cabinets over, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, plumbing for washing machine, Rayburn oven in the fireplace recess (not currently in use), cupboard housing lagged water cylinder, space for cooker and for refrigerator, plumbing for washing machine, radiator.
- Bedroom: 3.7m x 3.5m (12'2" x 11'6")into the recess with fine period fire surround, fitted wardrobe cupboard and double aspect.
- Spacious Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with Mira wall mounted shower fittings and wash basin in vanity unit with drawers and cupboards below, shelved storage cupboard, radiator, heated towel rail, pretty garden aspect.
- Separate wcwith radiator.The handsome period style staircase rises from the front ground floor entrance hall to
- First Floor Hallwith radiator, deep storage cupboard below stairs.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 5.6m x 3.5m (18'5" x 11'4")with handsome period style fire surround with open hearth and log burning stove, radiator and fine views to the downs.
- Kitchen: 3.2m x 3.0m (10'6" x 9'9")into the recesses with range of soli oak working surfaces with quiet closing drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets over, chine sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Beko electric oven with Hotpoint ceran hob with filter hood over, cupboard housing lagged water cylinder, radiator, space for fridge/freezer, handsome period fireplace.
- Bedroom 2: 3.6m x 3.5m (11'8" x 11'6")with handsome period style fireplace, radiator and fine view to the downs.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, wash basin and low level wc, radiator and window.The staircase rises from the hall to the second floor Landing with access to large loft space.
- Bedroom 1: 5.6m x 4.8m (18'4" x 15'9")approximate maximum measurements to include the dressing area and partly reducing due to sloping ceilings, outstanding downland views from both elevations, 2 radiators. Access hatch to loft storage.
- OutsideAn important feature of this property is its lovely garden setting. Mainly arranged at the rear there are two sections of garden which secure a wonderful westerly aspect toward the downs. Immediately to the rear of the house is a lawned garden which extends to a depth of about 50' and also extending around the side o9f the house. Extensively laid to lawn there are flower borders which are profusely stocked to provide colour throughout the year. Continuing through the principal lawned area of garden and a creeper clad pergola the garden extends into a charming south facing secret garden which is of similar size and has been delightfully arranged with lawn, borders, flower and vegetable beds as well as a small and pretty pond. There is an aluminium framed greenhouse and useful timber garden shed as well as a log store. The entrance drive provides good car parking space for one or two cars.