6 Bedroom, House | Church Lane, Hellingly
An enchanting and spaciously proportioned 5/6 bedroom detached period house of historic importance set within extensive southerly gardens in the heart of picturesque Hellingly village.
The property has been researched by the Wealden Buildings Study Group and is believe to have origins dating from between 1575 and 1595 or the late Tudor period. More recently the property has been substantially extended to provide a farmhouse style kitchen/breakfast room, a large Vinery, a double garage, roof terrace and stair tower. The generous accommodation comprises a number of versatile rooms, many of which retain rare and beautifully preserved period features. Opportunities to secure a period property of this stature are extremely rare and therefore, an early appointment to view is strongly recommended. NB - Listed Grade II
- 6 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Entrance Hallwith tiled floor and glazed double doors leading to
- Study: 4.3m x 4.2m (14'2" x 13'9")affording a double aspect, radiator, spiral staircase to first floor, door to
- Magnificent Drawing Room: 6.7m x 5.9m (22'1" x 19'6")with double aspect both into the delighful gardens and also over the lovely adjacent countryside, hansome inglenook style fireplace, 3 radiators, door to
- Inner Hallforming the original front entrance to the house and with a magnificent Tudor style staircase with cupboard storage below giving access to a cellar, radiator, door to
- Dining Room: 5.8m x 3.6m (19'1" x 11'8")affording a lovely aspect into the rear garden, fine inglenook style fireplace, two radiators, return door to hall, a pair of glazed double doors to
- Famhouse style Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 5.9m x 4.0m (19'6" x 13')fitted with an extensive range of Corian working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching range of wall mounted cabinets over, inset one and half bowl sink unit with mixer tap, a range of integrated appliances including Smeg eye level oven and grill, Smeg five ring gas burning hob, Bosch dishwashing machine, space for large American style fridge/freezer, space for microwave, two radiators, door to inner hallway.
- Cloakroom/wcwith wash basin and low level wc, radiator, Velux window.
- Utility Room: 2.5m x 2.3m (8'4" x 7'5")fitted with a range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below, stainless steel sink unit, space for laundry appliances, radiator, serving hatch to dining room. From the kitchen and further hallway communicates with a stair tower which rises to a Roof Terrace.
- Magnificent Vinery: 7.5m x 4.4m (24'6" x 14'5")commanding delightful views over the extensive rear gardens and featuring a wonderful antique Hamburg grape vine, tiled floors, two radiators, two pairs of double doors leading to the gardens.
- Second Cloakroom/wcfitted with a marble tiled vanity unit inset with ceramic wash basin and mixer tap with cupboard storage below, chrome ladder radiator, part tiled walls, shelved linen cupboard housing Kingfisher gas fired boiler, separate low level wc.
- Luxuriously fitted Shower Roomwith large glass enclosed shower unit, ceramic basin set on granite top with cupboard storage below and electronic mirror unit over, low level wc, heated chrome towel rail, fully tiled walls and floors, shelved linen cupboard housing lagged hot water cylinder, delightful countryside views.
- Bedroom 2: 4.9m x 4.5m (16'0" x 14'10")commanding glorious views over the adjacent countryside and with radiator, door leading to
- Bedroom 4: 3.6m x 2.4m (11'8" x 7'9")with radiator.
- Bedroom 5: 3.5m x 2.3m (11'7" x 7'5")with countryside views and radiator.
- Master Bedroom: 5.9m x 3.6m (19'4" x 11'9")affording a lovely aspect over the rear gardens, two deep wardrobe cupboards, two radiators, a pair of double doors leads to the Roof Terrace.
- En Suite Bathroomfitted with panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, independent shower unit, low level wc, ladder radiator, second wash basin and heated towel rail, extractor, window.
- Bedroom 3: 3.8m x 2.3m (12'5" x 7'7")with views over the gardens, radiator.
- Bedroom 6with 3 built in storage cupboards, Velux type window, radiator.
- OutsideThe extensive and level gardens are an important feature of the property and are arranged principally to the rear and to the side of the house securing a southerly aspect. Extending to approximately half an acre, the gardens are mainly lawned for ease of maintenance and flanked by a variety of mature and specimen trees and shrubs which combine to provide an exceptionally high degree of seclusion and privacy.