5 Bedroom, House | Upper Street, East Dean
Commanding breathtaking views over East Dean to scenic downland countryside. An immaculately presented detached 4/5 bedroom family house of individual character set in about ¾ of an acre and enviably loced within the old and picturesque village of East Dean.
Approached by electronically operated gates and a long sweeping entrance drive the property has been occupied by one family for many years and has been significantly improved and is beautifully presented throughout. The extensively and secluded gardens form an exceptionally fine setting affording wonderful views towards the downs.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Spacious Reception Hallwith handsome Arts & Crafts style staircase to galleried landing, oak flooring, radiator, deep storage cupboard below stairs.
- Cloakroomwith wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 7.6m x 4.1m (25'0" x 13'7")commanding delightful southerly views over the extensive lawned gardens, period style fire surround with marble hearth and gas coal effect fire, 2 radiators, double aspect and door to
- Spacious Study: 4.0m x 3.6m (13'3" x 11'10")into the recess, garden aspect, radiator, shelved storage cupboard.
- Dining Room: 3.8m x 3.6m (12'5" x 11'10")commanding glorious views over the gardens to the downs, oak flooring, radiator and door to
- Conservatory: 6.8m x 3.8m (22'2" x 12'6")affording breathtaking views over the lawned gardens to the downs, electronically operated roof ventilation, radiator and double casement doors to the terrace and garden.
- Luxuriously equipped Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 4.5m x 3.4m (14'10" x 11'2")equipped with extensive range of polished granite working surfaces with light oak finished drawers and cabinets below and matching range of wall cabinets over, stainless steel double bowl sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the brushed steel finished double oven with grill and four ring ceran hob with two gas hobs with filter hood over, dishwashing machine, space for American style refrigerator, radiator, concealed convector radiator, inset ceiling lightning, tiled floor and door to
- Utility Roomwith range of working surfaces with cupboards below, inset stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, plumbing for washing machine and space for dryer, door to side entrance.The handsome Arts & Crafts style staircase rises to the Galleried Landing with radiator.
- Spacious Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.1m x 4.3m (16'10" x 14'0")into the wide recess, commanding breathtakingly beautiful views over the gardens to the downs, range of fitted floor to ceiling wardrobe cupboards and matching dressing table unit and bedside cabinets, radiator, door to the Large Balcony which also commands wonderful views.
- Spacious en suite Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, large shower unit with Mira shower fittings, matching pair of wash basins inset into polished granite top with cabinets below, radiator, heated towel rail and garden aspect.
- Guest suite comprising Bedroom 2: 3.7m x 3.3m (12'3" x 10'10")with a lovely garden aspect, radiator and door to
- En suite Shower Roomwith shower unit with rain shower fittings, wash basin with cabinets below, low level wc, heated towel rail, tiled walls, window.
- Bedroom 3: 3.8m x 3.1m (12'5" x 10'0")to include the depth of the range of built in wardrobe cupboards, radiator and outstanding downland views.
- Bedroom 4: 3.6m x 3.0m (11'9" x 9'11")with range of fitted wardrobe cupboards and drawer unit, radiator.
- Study/Bedroom 5: 2.5m x 1.9m (8'3" x 6'3")with radiator and loft access.
- Shower Roomwith shower unit with Aqualisa shower fittings, wash basin with cabinet below, low level wc, heated towel rail, window.
- OutsideAn important feature of the property is the wonderful park like garden setting. Extensively lawned for ease of maintenance the gardens flank the property on three elevations securing fine views over East Dean to a glorious downland horizon and afford an unusually high degree of seclusion for the house. The principal area of lawned garden extends to a depth of over 150' and continues around the house on the southerly elevation. There are wonderful views from most parts of the garden and some of the finest views are from the large conservatory terrace.
- Detached Double Garage: 6.1m x 5.7m (20'0" x 18'10")with automatic up and over door, power and light points and a very useful attached timber framed Garden Store built in fairly recent years as a Sauna.The electronically gated and long blocked paved entrance drive terminated in a broad sweep to the side of the house affording an extensive parking facility for a large number of cars.