6 Bedroom, House | Carew Road, Eastbourne
An imposing and substantial detached Edwardian style house in a lovely garden setting located within the popular Upperton area of Eastbourne.
The property retains many original features and offers much character and charm throughout. Inside the accommodation is both spacious and flexible and affords far reaching views across the surrounding area including downland. Although some modernisation is required an early inspection comes strongly recommended at your earliest convenience.
- 6 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Entrance Vestibulewith quarry tiled floor and front door to
- Spacious Entrance Hallwith oak flooring and radiator.
- Sitting Room: 6.0m x 4.8m (19'7" x 15'9")with large bay window commanding far reaching views over the rear garden with open fireplace, built in shelving and 2 radiators.
- Dining Room: 5.4m x 4.8m (17'9" x 15'9")with radiator, built in shelving and large bay window.
- Third Reception Room: 5.1m x 3.9m (16'8" x 12'9")with radiator, built in shelvin and large bay window.Stairs from entrance hall leading down to lower lobby area with French doors opening onto rear garden, door to
- Kitchen: 4.1m x 3.9m (13'7" x 12'8")stainless steel sink unit and range of worktops with drawers and cupboards below and further range of cupboards including a Welsh style dresser and cupboard housing the hot water cylinder, Aga cooker, island unit with Belling four ring electric hob and cupboards below, plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine.
- Breakfast Room: 4.4m x 3.9m (14'5" x 12'8")with radiator and double aspect including far reaching views over the garden towards the downs.The handsome staircase leads to the First Floor Landing with retractable ladder to the large loft space.
- Bedroom 1: 6.0m x 4.8m (19'7" x 15'10")with period style fireplace, 2 radiators, far reaching views towards the downs.
- Bedroom 2: 5.2m x 4.9m (17' x 16'1")with built in cupboard, period fireplace, wash basin and radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 4.5m x 3.9m (14'9" x 12'10")with radiator, wash basin, period style fireplace.
- Bedroom 4: 3.1m x 2.0m (10'1" x 6'6")with fine views.
- Bedroom 5: 4.0m x 3.3m (13'3" x 10'9")with radiator, built in wardrobe and cupboard with shelving and far reaching views.
- Bedroom 6: 3.9m x 2.7m (12'8" x 8'9")with period style fireplace with decorative surround and radiator.
- Bathroomwith panelled bath with electric shower over, wash basin inset into vanity cupboard, low level wc, radiator and frosted sash window overlooking side aspect.
- Separate wcwith low level wc.
- Basementbeing divided into three useful storage area. Potterton wall mounted gas fired boiler, electricity meter, power, light and garden access.
- OutsideThe mature front garden provides privacy from the road and is walled with a range of mature trees and shrubs including a fine fig tree. The large rear garden is an important feature of the property with two area of lawn with well stocked borders terrace and kitchen gardens.
- Garage: 6.2m x 2.3m (20'2" x 7'6")increasing to 12'1" with up and over door, built in work bench, power, lighting and gas meter.The driveway provides additional off road parking space.