5 Bedroom, House | Torfield Road, Eastbourne
A truly magnificent detached five bedroom house of impressive character reputed to have been designed by Eastbourne's most famous architect Peter Stonham.
Commanding southerly views over Eastbourne towards the Downs the accommodation retains much of its wonderful Arts & Crafts period character and has been substantially and tastefully improved in recent years with a new roof and is luxuriously equipped throughout. This is a rare opportunity and an inspection is highly recommended.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Entrance Porchwith solid oak panelled front door to
- Entrance Lobbywith inner glazed door to the
- Spacious Reception Hall: 7.1m x 3.8m (23'2" x 12'4")to include the depth of the magnificent staircase with its oak ballustrade and its impressive leaded light window, period style surround for electric fire, oak flooring, 2 radiators, deep storage cupboard below stairs.
- Spacious Cloakroomwith pedestal wash basin and Victorian style high level wc, part panelled walls.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 5.5m x 5.1m (18'2" x 16'9")with fine southerly garden aspect with a view toward the downs, fine period style fireplace with open hearth flanked by display cabinets, radiator and door to sun lounge.
- Drawing Room: 4.9m x 4.9m (16'0" x 16'0")including the depth of the fire place recess with its fine stone fire surround with period detail and gas fired coal effect stove, range of book shelving, radiator and a view toward the downs.
- Dining Room: 4.9m x 3.9m (16'1" x 12'9")with period style stone fire surround with open hearth, radiator, door to sun lounge.
- Sun Loungewith lovely southerly garden aspect and access to the garden.Inner Hall gives access to
- Magnificent open plan Kitchen/Family Dining Room: 7.6m x 5.0m (25'0" x 16'5")with a pretty garden aspect and luxuriously equipped with range of solid oak working surfaces with cupboards below and double deep china sink with mixer tap, matching dresser unit and further range of bespoke cabinets, island unit with granite style breakfast bar, Britannia range style oven with six gas hobs and a hot plate with filter hood over, Neff eye level microwave oven and separate grill, recess for American style refrigerator/freezer, Bosch dish washing machine, fireplace in the dining area with gas fired coal effect stove, radiator, oak flooring, casement doors give access to the courtyard style garden.
- Rear Lobbywith access to 2 utility areas with deep glazed Butlers sink and worktops with cupboards below, wall cabinets over, deep shelved storage cupboard, 2 wall mounted Valliant gas fired boilers, plumbing for washing machine, door to garden.The magnificent staircase rises to the large Galleried Landing, large shelved linen storage cupboard.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.8m x 5.2m (19'0" x 17')including the depth of the range of fitted wardrobe cupboards, period style fire surround, radiator, fine views over Eastbourne to the downs.
- Dressing Room: 4.0m x 2.9m (13' x 9'5")excluding the depth of the range of deep storage cupboards and matching drawer units, floor to ceiling wardrobe cupboard, period style surround for electric fire and period style vanity unit with inset wash basin and cabinet below, radiator and view to the downs.
- Bathroom 1with white suite comprising panelled bath with rounded end and shower with Aqualisa wall mounted shower fittings and shower screen, wash basin in vanity unit with cupboards and drawers below, illuminated mirror flanked by cabinets over, low level wc, heated towel rail, tiled floor and walls.
- Guest suite comprising Bedroom 2: 4.9m x 4.1m (16'0" x 13'4")including the depth of the wide window bay and flanking wardrobe cupboards, radiator and fine view to the downs and door to
- Spacious Shower Roomwith shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, matching pair of wash basins, low level wc, extractor fan and window.
- Bedroom 3: 4.2m x 3.0m (13'8" x 9'10")with fitted wardrobe cupboard, radiator and door to
- Shower Roomwith shower unit with Aqualisa wall mounted shower fittings, wash basin with cabinet below, low level wc, heated towel rail, extractor fan and window.
- Bedroom 4: 4.0m x 2.6m (13' x 8'8")with radiator and door to
- Shower Roomwith shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, wash basin with cabinet below, low level wc, extractor fan, window and radiator.
- Bedroom 5/Study: 3.3m x 2.7m (10'10" x 9')with period style fire surround, range of fitted cabinets and two desk units, wash basin, radiator.
- Large Garage: 7.0m x 3.7m (23' x 12'0")with folding doors, power and light points. The electronically gated entrance drive affords generous car parking space for additional cars.
- OutsideA charming feature of this property is the easily maintained garden setting. Mainly arranged to the south side of the house and securing sun throughout much of the day the principal area of garden is principally lawned with borders containing a variety of shrubs and ornamental trees. The garden extends around the side of the house where there is a delightful courtyard style garden with a wide York stone terrace flanked by borders as well as a covered seating area equipped with heating and lighting for alfresco dining and barbecues. Two useful garden stores.