2 Bedroom, House | Ropewalk, Alfriston
A beautifully presented and substantially improved period cottage of great charm and individual character set within delightful and mature southerly gardens close to the heart of picturesque Alfriston.
The property is listed Grade II and the accommodation has been impressively improved in recent years and is delightfully presented by the present owners. The remarkably spacious accommodation is arranged over two floors and benefits further from a large cellar which is currently used as a utility room and wine store. The lovely southerly garden setting is a special feature of this property which is of a type so rarely available. An early appointment to view is considered essential.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Spacious Entrance Hallwith pine floorboards, concealed radiator, door to cellar.
- Sitting Room: 3.9m x 3.8m (12'10" x 12'4")affording a lovely aspect into the southerly gardens, attractive fireplace surround with display mantel over, pine floorboards, 2 radiators, double glazed casement doors leading to the garden, and open plan with
- Kitchen/Dining Room: 4.9m x 3.2m (16'0" x 10'7")extensive range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and a matching range of wall mounted cabinets over, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Bosch dishwashing machine, Neff eye level oven and grill, Neff four ring gas hob, refrigerator, radiator, 2 windows and door to
- Cloakroom/wcfitted with white suite comprising low level wc and wall mounted wash basin, mirror fronted storage cupboard, window.
- Cellar: 3.8m x 3.4m (12'6" x 11')currently used as a utility and storage room with space and plumbing for laundry appliances and freestanding freezer unit, Vaillant wall mounted gas fired boiler.
- Bedroom 1: 4.0m x 3.9m (13' x 12'11")affording a lovely double aspect, radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 3.4m x 2.8m (11'3" x 9'1")affording a delightful double aspect over the gardens to scenic countryside, radiator.
- Luxuriously refitted Bathroomfitted with a white suite comprising paneled bath with shower end with independent shower fittings and glass screen, low level wc, bidet, wash basin with mixer tap, large chrome ladder radiator, fully tiled walls and floors, window.
- Loft used as a Home Office: 6.4m x 2.0m (20'10" x 6'6")reducing in width due to the sloping ceiling, 2 velux windows, internet and power points, eaves storage cupboards, lovely views over the village. Dedicated business grade high speed broadband is installed. (*Building consent has not been given for the current use of this loft)
- OutsideThe delightful garden is a particular fine feature of the property being arranged on the southerly side of the house and extending to a depth of approximately 65' securing an attractive aspect. Principally laid to lawn for ease of maintenance there are a variety of beds and ornamental borders planted with a diverse range of flowering plants and shrubs which combine to provide a lovely setting. There are two timber garden stores, a large summerhouse with searing area, and a patio flanks the southerly elevation.
- Off Road ParkingThere is a five bar gate which gives access to a generous parking forecourt which sits adjacent to the garden of The Croft.