5 Bedroom, House | Milton Street, Nr Alfriston
Commanding breath taking views to the downs over the scenic Cuckmere valley - A detached five bedroom house of contemporary styling set within lovely and extensive gardens.
The very stylish accommodation is the result of a substantial renovation and extension of an earlier property. The accommodation is flooded with natural light and affords a delightful aspect from every room. Only an inspection will convey the high merit and appeal of this fine home and its enviable setting.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Spacious Entrance Lobbywith oak floor and inner glazed door to
- Spacious Reception Hallwith oak floor, two radiators and contemporary style oak, steel and glass staircase and a rear hall with door to garden and
- Large Cloakroomwith wash basin and low level wc, heated towel rail.
- Sitting Room: 5.0m x 4.5m (16'3" x 14'9")with a lovely garden aspect, oak flooring, radiator and double glazed casement doors to the terrace and garden.
- Second Reception Room/Dining Room: 4.5m x 3.3m (14'9" x 10'10")with log burning stove, oak floor, radiator, view toward the downs and door to
- Study: 3.1m x 2.0m (10'0" x 6'6")with fine view, radiator and oak flooring.
- Spacious Kitchen/Family Dining Room: 6.9m x 4.3m (22'8" x 14'0")with a double aspect including fine far reaching views to the downs and over the lovely gardens. Extensive range of solid oak working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below including a large island unit, inset double bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Neff double oven with grill and matching microwave oven, Smeg five ring gas hob with filter hood over, Bosch dishwashing machine, pull out larder cupboard, space for American style refrigerator, two radiators, oak floor, inset ceiling lighting, casement doors to the terrace and door to
- Large Utility Room: 4.9m x 3.6m (16'0" x 11'9")also commanding fine views and range of oak working surfaces with deep glazed china sink with mixer tap and cupboard below, extensive range of matching wall cabinets, fine stone floor, radiator, heated towel rail, door to garden and to the front terrace.The handsome contemporary styed staircase rises to the first floor Landing with large linen storage cupboard with radiator.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising
- Bedroom 1: 4.5m x 4.4m (14'8" x 14'6")commanding outstanding views over the Cuckmere valley, radiator and open plan with
- Dressing Roomwith extensive range of wardrobe cupboards and fitted shelving, radiator.
- Large Wet Roomwith matching pair of wash basins, low level wc and bidet, large shower area with shower fittings and screen, heated towel rail, extractor fan and lovely garden view.
- Bedroom 2: 4.7m x 3.4m (15'5" x 11'2")with fine views and extensive range of floor to ceiling wardrobe cupboards, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.5m x 3.3m (11'5" x 10'8")with fine views, radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 3.5m x 3.1m (11'4" x 10'0")with wardrobe cupboard, radiator and garden aspect.
- Family Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with rounded shower end and shower screen and wall mounted shower fittings, pedestal wash basin and low level wc, heated towel rail, extractor fan and window.
- Bedroom 5: 2.4m x 1.9m (7'9" x 6'4")
- Shower Roomwith large shower and wall mounted shower fittings, wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail and extractor fan and window.
- OutsideThe extensive but easily maintained rear garden measures approximately 300' in depth are a very fine feature of this property and affords a lovely setting and a high degree of seclusion. Commanding views over the adjacent scenic countryside the gardens are beautifully arranged with ease of maintenace in mind. Sweeping areas of lawn are interspersed with natural meadow, a small orchard and copse of birch trees. There is a large timber framed outbuilding which has been redesigned as an attractive Studio approximately 36' x 12' overall measurments. There is an aluminium framed greenhouse and a productive area of kitchen garden. The wide paved terrace flanks the rear elevation and affords a delightful aspect.The front garden very effectively screens the house from the road giving good privacy ans also secures fine views over the Cuckmere valley to the downs and is mainly lawned with flower beds containing a wonderful variety of flowering plants and shrubs and specimen holmeoak tree. The entrance drive affords very generous parking and turning space for several cars.
- Double Garage: 5.4m x 4.9m (17'8" x 16'2")with automatic up and over hardwood door, wall mounted Worcester gas fired boiler and Santon hot water cylinder.