7 Bedroom, House | White Way, Alfriston
A substantial and beautifully restored attached Grade II listed house with a lovely part walled garden.
Frog Firle Manor is understood to have origins dating from the 1600s with a substantial later addition which is understood to date from the early 1920s. It is reputed that the last descendents of Jane Austin lived at the property until the mid-1900s. The house is attached to the south west to one other property and has been sympatherically restored by the current owners and provides spacious and well-arranged accommodation over two floors together with an extensive boarded attic and cellar.
- 7 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 5 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbygives access to
- Reception Hall: 6.2m x 3.7m (20'4" x 12'2")with handsome oak staircase.
- Large Cloakroomwith wc.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 10.6m x 7.2m (34'10" x 23'6")with fireplace and double aspect.
- Large Dining Room/Second Reception Room: 6.7m x 4.8m (21'11" x 15'8")with fine period fireplace with wide hearth, lovely garden aspect.
- Oak beamed Snug: 5.0m x 4.9m (16'5" x 16'0")into the lovely old inglenook fireplace and door to a large store.
- Study: 4.0m x 2.4m (13'1" x 8'0")with garden aspect.
- Refurbished Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 7.4m x 4.1m (24'5" x 13'5")with lovely garden aspect and extensive range of Silestone and hardwood working surfaces with Shaker style painted drawers and cupboards below and wall cabinets, matching island unit, Everhot three oven range with a hotplate and a three ring induction hob, integrated dishwasher and wine refrigerator.
- Dining areain the deep window bay with a fine garden aspect.
- Utility areaoff the inner hall with deep storage cupboard.
- Large Cellar belowcomprising a series of rooms providing very extensive storage space and Boiler Room housing two oil fired boilers. ***The magnificent oak staircase rises from the reception hall to the Galleried first floor Landing.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 7.3m x 4.3m (24'0" x 14'0")commanding fine views, fireplace and door to
- Spacious Shower Roomelegantly fitted with Victorian style roll top bath, wash basin and high level wc.
- Guest Suite comprising Bedroom 2: 4.7m x 3.7m (15'5" x 12'2")with fine views and door to
- Shower Roomith large shower, wash basin and wc.
- Guest Suite comprising Bedroom 3: 4.8m x 4.1m (15'7" x 13'5")with fireplace, double aspect commanding fine views and door to
- Dressing Room/Bedroom 7: 3.7m x 2.5m (12'2" x 8'4")
- Bedroom 4: 3.7m x 3.6m (12'2" x 11'10")with fireplace and window bench seats and fine views.
- Bedroom 5: 5.1m x 3.0m (16'8" x 9'8")with built in cupboard.
- Bedroom 6: 4.3m x 2.5m (14'1" x 8'3")with attractive garden aspect.
- Box Room: 2.4m x 2.0m (8'0" x 6'7")with window.
- Shower Roomwith shower and wash basin
- Separate wcStaircase to the extensive boarded Attic.
- OutsideThe extensively lawned gardens provide a delightful setting and extend to just under 0.5 of an acre. Gently sloping away from the house toward the Cuckmere valley the gardens have been arranged for ease of maintenance and secure a high degree of privacy featuring a number of mature trees and shrubs. The wide paved terrace has access from the house and affords a delightful aspect.Approached by double iron gates the entrance forecourt provides very generous car parking and turning space for several vehicles and there is additional car parking space in front of the garden wall.