5 Bedroom, House | Michelham Priory Road, Upper Dicker
** Price Guide £775,000 to £825,000. ** A secluded and truly enchanting 5 bedroom detached house of period character commanding views toward the South Downs from a lovely rural setting near to Michelham Priory.
With delightful gardens and grounds extending to almost one acre, the generous accommodation provides in all 5 bedrooms including a large detached annexe with an integral double garage. The garage might be converted to provide additional accommodation. Constructed in about 1935 the Dower House has been substantially and tastefully enlarged and improved by the present owners who have enjoyed living in this very special property for the last 35 years. Only an inspection will convey its great charm and individual appeal.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Entrance Porchand solid oak panelled front door to
- Entrance Hallwith storage cupboards below stairs, radiator.
- Sitting Room: 5.4m x 4.5m (17'10" x 14'7")including the depth of the fine inglenook fireplace with its raised hearth and oak bressumer beam over, delightful garden aspect, 2 radiators, matching corner cabinets and door to Verandah and garden.
- Spacious Dining Room: 5.1m x 3.5m (16'7" x 11'6")with a lovely garden aspect, range of built in cabinets, 3 radiators and casement doors give access to terrace and rear garden.
- Magnificent Third Reception Room: 4.3m x 4.2m (14'3" x 13'10")has a lovely garden aspect and features a vaulted ceiling with handsome bespoke solid oak beamed structure, 2 radiators and casement doors to the terrace and garden.
- Kitchen: 5.4m x 3.0m (17'8" x 9'8")approximate maximum measurements of this irregular shaped room equipped with an extensive range of Maia working surfaces with light oak finished drawers and cupboards below and matching range of wall cabinets, 2 inset sink units, one with double bowl, and both with mixer taps, oil fired AGA with 4 ovens and 3 hotplates, Neff double oven with grill, dishwasher, built in wine cooler and large refrigerator, concealed Perrymatic oil fired central heating boiler, deep walk in Pantry, Fired Earth tiled floor and open plan with
- Utility Area: 2.5m x 2.5m (8'4" x 8'2")with Fired Earth tiled floor with under floor heating and sliding doors give access to 3rd Reception Room.
- Rear Lobbywith door to
- Large Cloakroomwith a wall to wall coat cupboards, low level wc, wash basin inset into a beautifully tiled unit with drawers below and mirror over, quarry tiled floor.The staircase rises from the entrance hall to the First Floor Landing.
- Master Bedroom Suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.1m x 4.2m (16'9" x 13'8")approximately into the dressing area recess but excluding the depth of the extensive range of built in wardrobe and storage cupboards, radiator, lovely garden aspect and door to
- En suite Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, separate shower unit with Aquilisa shower fittings, low level wc, wash basin, radiator, shelved storage cupboard, window.
- Bedroom 2: 3.8m x 2.7m (12'6" x 8'10")including the recess with vanity unit with wash basin and built in wardrobe/storage cupboard, radiator and fine view over scenic countryside to the South Downs.
- Bedroom 3: 3.7m x 2.7m (12'0" x 8'9")with 2 fold away bunk beds and presently equipped as a study with large oak finished desk top and shelving, radiator and garden aspect.
- Family Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, wash basin in vanity unit with cupboard below, low level wc, range of wall cabinets and storage cupboards, radiator and fine views to the Downs.
- AnnexeThe generous annexe accommodation has under cover access from the main house with its private front door to
- Entrance Hallwith night storage heater, door to the double garage and staircase rising to the First Floor Landing with cupboards.
- Bedroom 4: 4.5m x 3.9m (14'8" x 12'9")excluding the extensive wall to wall range of wardrobe and storage cupboards, wash basin with cabinet below, night storage heater and fine southerly views over adjacent countryside toward the downs.
- Bedroom 5: 5.3m x 2.7m (17'5" x 8'9")including the depth of the range of floor to ceiling wardrobe and storage cupboards, nightstorage heater, deep storage cupboard in recess, charming garden aspect.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with independent wall mounted shower fittings with shower screen, wash basin in vanity unit with cupboards below, low level wc, cupboard housing Megaflow pressurised hot water cylinder.
- Ground Floor Utility Room: 3.5m x 2.7m (11'6" x 8'9")with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets over, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, washing machine, space for 2 large freezers, tiled floor and with covered access from the main accommodation.
- Wine Store
- Spacious Home Office: 6.2m x 2.2m (20'3" x 7'4")with large desktop and fitted shelving.
- Summer House: 4.7m x 3.5m (15'6" x 11'6")affording lovely garden views and partly flanked by paved terracing.
- Gardens and PaddockThe extensive gardens and paddock provide an idyllic setting for the property and extend to almost one acre. Mature gardens comprising lawns, herbascious beds and fruit trees surround the house and provide an unusual degree of privacy. There are several areas of terracing for outside dining and a delightful oak framed Verandah with power points and lighting.Adjacent to the gardens is a small paddock which overlooks open farmland. It is lawned for ease of maintenance, also providing "marquee space", and includes an orchard and productive kitchen garden with Greenhouse. There is a small enclosed chicken run and a Timber Stable/Mower Store.
- Integral Double Garage forming part of the Annexe: 5.3m x 5.3m (17'6" x 17'5")excluding the deep workshop recess and with a pair of electronically operated up and over doors, power and light points, double glazed window and rear door to the annexe entrance hall. Concealed Oil Storage Tank
- Covered Car Portwith 2 parking bays and the entrance drive affords additional parking space.