5 Bedroom, House | Arundel Road, Eastbourne
A spacious five bedroom detached house of delightful Victorian character commanding far reaching views over Eastbourne toward the sea.
The generous accommodation has been substantially improved over the years by the present owners who have added a magnificent period style double glazed conservatory and a host of other features to enhance the period character of this fine family home. The garden has been attractively landscaped and extends to about 80' at the rear. An inspection of this property is recommended.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Enclosed Entrance Lobbywith handsome front door with stained glass detail to
- Spacious Reception Hallfeaturing a handsome period staircase, storage cupboard below stairs, lovely tiled floor and a Victorian style radiator.
- Large Cloakroom/Shower Roomrefitted with fine period style wash basin and matching high level wc with mahogany detail, large shower unit, radiator, tiled floor, part tiled walls, extractor fan and window.
- Sitting Room: 5.0m x 3.9m (16'6" x 12'8")with handsome Victorian style fire surround with open hearth, radiator and fine ceiling rose.
- Dining Room: 4.2m x 3.9m (13'10" x 12'9")excluding the depth of the wide corner window bay, fine period style fire surround with open hearth, radiator.
- Study/Third Reception Room: 3.9m x 3.9m (12'10" x 12'10")with period style fire surround, radiator, pine flooring, door to
- Magnificent double glazed Conservatory: 4.0m x 3.7m (13'3" x 12'3")with lovely garden aspect and view toward the sea, marble tiled floor, roof ventilation, far reaching views across Eastbourne toward the sea, double doors give access to the wide newly paved terrace and to the garden.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 3.9m x 3.6m (12'10" x 11'9")with range of period style kitchen units including the deep china butler's sink with mixer tap, worktop with drawers and cupboards below and matching Victorian style dresser with drawers and shelving over, space for American style refrigerator, Rangemaster double oven with grill and six gas hobs, radiator, garden aspect and door to
- Utility Room: 3.0m x 2.7m (9'10" x 8'9")excluding the large recess and large walk in shelved pantry cupboard with window, deep china butler's sink, deep shelved storage cupboard, plumbing for washing machine and space for dryer and freezer, wall mounted Worcester gas fired boiler, door to garden.The fine period staircase rises to the large well lit Landing with handsome stained glass window and intriguing concealed ladder staircase to the large boarded attic providing extensive storage space.
- Bedroom 1: 5.1m x 3.9m (16'7" x 12'9")with period style fire surround, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 4.5m x 3.9m (14'9" x 12'9")into the wide window bay, period style fire surround, radiator and view toward the sea.
- Bedroom 2: 4.2m x 3.9m (13'9" x 12'9")excluding the depth of wide window bay, period style fire surround, radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 3.9m x 3.0m (12'9" x 9'10")with view toward the sea, period style fire surround, radiator.
- Bedroom 5: 2.8m x 2.6m (9'4" x 8'7")with hot water cylinder in the recess, radaitor and view toward the sea.
- Bathroomwith elegant Victorian style roll top slipper bath on ball and claw feet with mixer tap and hand shower, matching Victorian style wash basin with marble shelf below, radiator, tiled floor and part tiled walls, window.
- Separate wcwith Victorian style low level wc, tiled floor and part tiled walls, window.
- OutsideAn important feature of this property is its charming landscaped garden to the rear which secures a southerly aspect and extends to a depth of about 80'. Extensively laid to lawn for ease of maintenance and arranged in a classical design with rose beds bordered by box hedging around a central fountain feature and with an additional area of utility garden beyond with a large timber garden shed. A newly paved wide terrace flanks the rear elevation commanding a fine view over the garden and a distant view toward the sea. Integral wc with period high level cistern. Integral fuel store and gated side access.The front garden has been arranged for ease of maintenance and affords good off road car parking space.