6 Bedroom, House | Windmill Lane, Friston
One of Friston's most important detached houses of great character set within extensive mature gardens and grounds.
Designed by the renowned architect Alwyn Underdown, this exceptionally fine and spacious house has been improved and substantially extended over the years with great care taken to preserve and enhance its fine period features which include impressive inglenook fireplaces, unusually high ceilings and well proportioned rooms. There is an unusually high standard of immaculate presentation throughout. Hidden within the garden is a secluded heated Swimming Pool and the detached self contained Annexe provides scope for accommodating guests or dependent relatives. In the same family ownership for about 30 years this is a wonderful opportunity to secure one of the truly iconic houses within this sought after location.
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Large Entrance Porchwith solid oak panelled front door to
- Entrance Lobbywith cloaks cupboard and door to
- Magnificent Reception Hall: 6.0m x 3.6m (19'9" x 11'10")with oak beamed ceiling and handsome oak staircase, mellowed brick fireplace, deep walk in storage cupboard with window.
- Cloakroomwith wash basin and low level wc, concealed radiator.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 7.6m x 4.8m (25'0" x 15'10")including the depth of the impressive inglenook fireplace with open fireplace with canopy over and flanking oak bench seat cupboards, oak beamed ceiling, fine triple aspect, two radiators and casement doors to
- Spacious double glazed Conservatory: 6.6m x 4.0m (21'6" x 13'3")commanding a lovely garden aspect and featuring an oak floor and casement doors give access to the garden.
- Large Dining Room: 5.3m x 5.1m (17'5" x 16'7")including the depth of the wide window bay and the fine inglenook style fireplace with open hearth, copper canopy and oak bressumer beam over, oak beamed ceiling and parquet flooring, two radiators, serving hatch.
- Study: 2.7m x 2.6m (9' x 8'8")with range of bespoke mahogany cabinets, desk and adjustable bookshelving, radiator.
- Snug: 4.6m x 3.0m (15'2" x 9'9")approximate maximum measurements, radiator. A staircase rises on the open plan to
- Bedroom 5: 5.2m x 2.9m (17'2" x 9'5")reducing due to the sloping ceiling, radiator.
- Shower Roomwith shower unit, wash basin and low level wc with extractor fan.
- Spacious Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 5.3m x 4.7m (17'5" x 15'3")equipped with an extensive range of solid oak working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below with matching range of wall cabinets, island unit with inset double bowl sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the eye level double oven with grill, inset Ceran hob with filter hood over, dishwashing machine, American style refrigerator with drinks dispenser, built in oak cabinet with glass fronted display cabinet over, two radiators, tiled floor, solid oak panelled door to the garden.
- Rear Lobbywith range of floor to ceiling storage cupboards.
- Utility Room: 2.7m x 2.6m (8'9" x 8'5")with deep china Butler's sink with mixer tap and hardwood working surfaces with space and plumbing for washing machine and dryer, Worcester gas fired boiler, radiator and door to garage.The handsome solid oak staircase rises from the reception hall to the First Floor Landing with radiator, retractable ladder access to the extensive loft space above.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.4m x 4.5m (17'8" x 14'7")including the range of built in wardrobe cupboards and matching dressing table units, double aspect, concealed radiator.
- Spacious en suite Bathroomwith large spa style bath, shower unit, vanity unit with inset wash basin and range of cupboards below, low level wc and bidet, window and radiator.
- Guest suite comprising Bedroom 2: 4.5m x 3.9m (14'9" x 12'9")with Sussex style fireplace, radiator.
- en suite Bathroomwith panelled bath with mixer tap and wall mounted shower fitting and screen, low level wc, wash basin, radiator and window.
- Bedroom 3: 3.7m x 3.3m (12'2" x 10'10")with Sussex style fireplace, built in wardrobe and storage cupboard, radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 3.9m x 2.9m (12'10" x 9'6")with Sussex style fireplace, radiator.
- Family Bathroomwith roll top Victorian style bath on ball and claw feet with hand shower attachment, shower unit, wash basin and low level wc, window.
- Annexe Cottagewith access from the entrance drive and front door to
- Spacious open plan Sitting/Dining Room: 6.5m x 5.9m (21'3" x 19'4")approximate maximum measurements of the 'L' shaped room with its open plan central staircase, two panelled electric radiators and shelved linen storage cupboard housing lagged water cylinder.
- Kitchen: 2.4m x 1.9m (8'0" x 6'2")with working surfaces and stainless steel sink unit with cupboards below, matching wall cabinets, space for oven and refrigerator.
- Bathroomwith panelled bath, wash basin and low level wc, window.The open plan staircase rises to the first floor Landing with under eaves storage space.
- Double Bedroom: 3.1m x 3.0m (10'0" x 9'8")excluding the depth of the wall to wall range of built in wardrobe and storage cupboards, electric panel radiator.
- Small Childs Bedroom/Study: 2.3m x 1.4m (7'5" x 4'6")excluding the depth of the door recess and reducing due to sloping ceiling, Velux double glazed window, under eaves storage cupboard.
- Shower Roomwith shower unit, wash basin, low level wc, window.
- OutsideThe extensively lawned gardens and grounds provide a truly idyllic setting for Ridge House and afford a high degree of privacy from Windmill Lane. Extensively lawned for ease of maintenance and remarkably level for this downland location the beautifully landscaped gardens are enhanced by well stocked flower beds and borders and feature a number of mature specimen trees and shrubs which combine to provide an unusually high degree of privacy. The rear gardens extend overall to a depth of about 180' with a width of about 150'. Beyond an area of formal garden is an additional area of lawned garden. The heated Swimming Pool is flanked by a most attractive terrace and a Summerhouse/Changing Room and is secluded by hedges.
- Triple Garaging includes: Double Garage: 5.3m x 4.5m (17'4" x 14'10")with automatic up and over door and personal door to the utility room and open plan with
- Single Garage: 4.8m x 2.3m (15'9" x 7'5")with automatic up and over door and door to the garden.