2 Bedroom, House | Ropewalk, Alfriston
A beautifully presented and substantially improved period cottage of great charm and individual character with delightful and mature southerly garden in the heart of picturesque Alfriston.
The property is listed Grade II and the accommodation has been improved in recent years and is delightfully presented by the present owner. The remarkably spacious accommodation is arranged over two floors and also benefits from a large cellar which is currently used as a utility room. The lovely southerly garden is a special feature of this property which is of a type so rarely available. An early appointment to view is considered essential.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Spacious Entrance Hallwith pine floor, concealed radiator, door to cellar.
- Sitting Room: 3.90m x 3.76m (12'10" x 12'4")affording a lovely aspect into the southerly gardens, attractive fireplace surround with woodburning stove and display mantel over, pine floor, 2 radiators, double glazed casement door leading to the garden, open plan with
- Kitchen/Dining Room: 4.88m x 3.23m (16'0" x 10'7")extensive range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and a matching range of wall mounted cabinets over, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Bosch dishwashing machine, Neff eye level oven and grill, Neff four ring gas hob, refrigerator, radiator, 2 windows.
- Cloakroom/wcfitted with white suite comprising low level wc and wall mounted wash basin, mirror fronted storage cupboard, window.
- Cellar: 3.80m x 3.35m (12'6" x 11')currently used as a utility and storage room with space and plumbing for laundry appliances and freestanding fridge/freezer unit, Vaillant wall mounted gas fired boiler.Staircase from the Entrance Hll to the large First Floor Landing with retractable ladder access to
- Loft: 6.35m x 1.98m (20'10" x 6'6")reducing in width due to the sloping ceiling, 2 velux windows, power points, eaves storage cupboards, lovely views over the village. (*Building consent has not been given for the current use of this loft)
- Bedroom 1: 3.96m x 3.94m (13' x 12'11")affording a lovely double aspect, radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 3.43m x 2.77m (11'3" x 9'1")affording a delightful double aspect over the gardens to scenic countryside, radiator.
- Luxuriously refitted Bathroomfitted with a white suite comprising paneled bath with shower end with independent shower fittings and glass screen, low level wc, bidet, wash basin with mixer tap, large ladder radiator, fully tiled walls and floors, window.
- OutsideThe delightful and remarkably private garden is a particularly fine feature of the property being arranged on the southerly side of the house and extending to a depth of approximately 65' securing an attractive aspect. Principally laid to lawn for ease of maintenance there are a variety of beds and ornamental borders planted with a diverse range of flowering plants and shrubs which combine to provide a lovely setting. There are two timber garden stores, a large summerhouse with seating area and a patio flanks the southerly elevation.
- Off Road ParkingThere is a five bar gate with a wide drive shared with the adjoining property which gives access to a generous private parking forecourt for 2 cars which sits adjacent to the garden of The Croft.