4 Bedroom, House | The Street, Selmeston
An historic and exceptionally fine period house set within gardens and grounds of about 4 acres in this idyllic location.
This absolutely charming Grade II* listed house dates back to circa 1600. Originally a Wealden Hall House it was also used as a priest safe house at the time of the reformation. The property has been substantially and tastefully improved over the years and care has been taken to preserve the wealth of charm and period features including an outstanding inglenook fireplace in the sitting room. The property also benefits from a separate annexe/apartment above the triple garage which has planning permission for further accommodation if required. Most of the accommodation secures views over the delightful gardens which provide an outstanding private setting.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Reception Hall: 8.23min length with large laundry/store room with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer. Door to
- Spacious Sitting Room: 5.49m x 5.26m (18'0" x 17'3")excluding the depth of the impressive inglenook fireplace with bread oven, oak beamed ceiling of unusually good height, aspect over the rear garden, 2 radiators. The sitting room communicates on the open plan with
- Dining Room: 5.54m x 3.33m (18'2" x 10'11")into the bay window and affording a garden aspect, 2 radiators.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 6.27m x 5.00m (20'7" x 16'5")approximate measurements of the irregular shaped room and affording a lovely garden aspect. The kitchen is fitted with an extensive range of granite working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching cabinets over, large single bowl sink unit with mixer tap, range of integrated Miele appliances including the large refrigerator, dishwasher, two ring gas hob, further integrated appliances include the electric eye level fan oven, Aga, vaulted ceiling, stable door to garden.
- Second Entrance Hallwith tiled floor, 2 radiators.
- Shower Room/wcrefitted with suite comprising large shower with wall mounted fittings and rainfall shower head, pedestal wash basin, wc, store cupboard housing the hot water cylinder.Stairs rise from the second entrance hall to
- Bedroom 2: 4.98m x 3.86m (16'4" x 12'8")including the depth of the build in wardrobe cupboards, views over the delightful gardens, under eaves storage, radiator.A second staircase rises from the sitting room to the part galleried First Floor Landing with access to loft space.
- Bedroom 3/study: 5.08m x 2.44m (16'8" x 8'0")maximum measurements of the L shaped room, 2 radiators.
- Bedroom 1: 5.49m x 4.17m (18'0" x 13'8")including the depth of the built in wardrobe cupboards but excluding the depth of the range of under eaves store cupboards, garden views, 2 radiators.
- Bathroomfitted with suite comprising panelled bath, pedestal wash basin and wc, heated towel rail, cupboard housing the hot water cylinder.
- Separate Annexe/Apartmentaccessed via external staircase with door to
- Spacious Studio Room: 5.28m x 4.06m (17'4" x 13'4")with vaulted ceiling, under eaves storage, access to loft space, 2 radiators.
- Small Kitchenwith work surface and fitted cupboards, single bowl sink unit, Calor gas fired boiler.
- Bathroomwith suite comprising panelled bath, pedestal wash basin, wc, radiator.
- Triple Garage: 8.13m x 5.97m (26'8" x 19'7")with 3 independent garage doors. (There is planning permission to create further accommodation and erect another garage and log store if required).
- OutsideThe extensive gardens and grounds are an outstanding feature of this property and extremely rare to find. Measuring about 4 acres in total there are pretty areas of lawned garden surrounding the property as well as 2 large paddocks. Areas of the garden affords delightful downland views. Stable Block with 2 stables, tack room and large Tractor Shed.
- NBThere is a public footpath which crosses the land.