3 Bedroom, House | Church Street, Willingdon Village
An absolutely charming two/three bedroom cottage of delightful period character situated in the heart of old Willingdon Village.
Pear Tree Cottage dates, we believe from the 18th century between 1735 and 1790 and is steeped in local history. The attractively presented accommodation has been substantially improved over the years and now presents a wonderful and rare opportunity to a buyer seeking a village home which affords great character and charm. Only an inspection will convey the high merit and special appeal of this delightful Grade II listed property.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Porchwith inner front door leading to
- Spacious Sitting Room: 4.37m x 4.32m (14'4" x 14'2")including the depth of the impressive inglenook style fireplace, inset log burning stove, two radiators.
- Dining Room: 3.02m x 2.97m (9'11" x 9'9")including the depth of the recess and built in cupboard flanking the chimney breast, period style fireplace, radiator.
- Kitchen: 3.48m x 3.05m (11'5" x 10'0")approximate 'L' shaped dimensions and affording an aspect into the rear courtyard, fitted with an extensive range of granite working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall mounted cabinets over, inset stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, space for large range style cooker with filter system over, integrated refrigerator and freezer, integrated dishwashing machine, ceramic tiled floor, stairs leading down to
- Cellar: 3.02m x 3.02m (9'11" x 9'11")
- Large Rear Lobbywith radiator and part glazed door to the rear courtyard.
- Shower Room/wcfitted with a white suite comprising large glass enclosed and fully tiled shower unit, pedestal wash basin with mixer tap, low level wc, heated towel rail, part tiled walls, radiator, window and extractor fan.The stairs rise to the first floor Landing with shelved storage area.
- Bedroom 1: 4.27m x 3.45m (14'0" x 11'4")measured into the deep recesses flanking the chimney breast and affording an aspect toward the village at the front, deep built in double wardrobe cupboards, radiator, door to
- En suite Bathroomfitted with a white suite comprising deep panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, heated towel rail, part tiled walls, radiator, window and extractor fan.
- Bedroom 2: 3.15m x 3.15m (10'4" x 10'4")affording an aspect at the front toward the village, period style fireplace, radiator, door to
- Bedroom 3/Dressing Room: 3.12m x 2.60m (10'3" x 8'6")with sloping ceilings, deep eaves store cupboard and two additional eaves storage areas, views to the downs, radiator.
- OutsideThe pretty front garden is profusely stocked with a variety of flowers and shrubs which provides a delightful approach to the cottage. The rear garden is arranged in a courtyard style and has gated rear access.
- Utility/Store Room: 4.04m x 1.60m (13'3" x 5'3")with space and plumbing for laundry appliances, wall mounted gas fired boiler.