4 Bedroom, House | Church Street, Willingdon
An outstanding period house of great character providing excellent family accommodation which retains a wealth of intriguing period features.
Listed Grade II the property is believed to have been a farmhouse owned by Lord Willingdon, a former Viceroy of India, and part of the old Ratton Estate. This important house has been improved in recent years to provide an excellent family home. The owners have carefully preserved period features including a magnificent inglenook fireplace and fine old carved oak beams. With good ceiling heights the accommodation, as well as the garden, is delightfully presented and an inspection is strongly recommended.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Reception Room: 5.77m x 3.96m (18'11" x 13')to include the depth of the impressive wide inglenook fireplace recess with large oak bressumer beam over, wide brick hearth and log burning stove, fine old carved oak ceiling timbers and oak flooring.
- Sitting Room: 6.65m x 3.30m (21'10" x 10'10")with handsome Arts and Crafts style fire surround with carved stone detail and open hearth, radiator, triple aspect affords a lovely garden view, deep oriel window bay with oak sill, oak flooring, casement door to garden.
- Dining Room: 4.47m x 4.22m (14'8" x 13'10")with double aspect, 2 radiators and fine old oak timbers and oak flooring.
- Large Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 5.13m x 3.35m (16'10" x 11')into the recess with extensive working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets over, stainless steel sink unit, Rangemaster electric double oven with grill and 5 ring gas hob with filter hood over, integrated dishwasher and gas fired boiler, floor to ceiling built in cupboard, radiator, tiled flooring and door to garden.
- Rear Lobbywith deep cupboard below stairs, door to garden and door to
- Cloakroomwith wash basin, high level Victorian style wc, radiator.The solid oak staircase rises to the First Floor Landing with pine flooring, radiator, linen storage cupboard, fitted wall cabinet, retractable ladder access to the large loft space.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.30m x 3.90m (17'5" x 12'10")into the door recess and with fitted range of floor to ceiling wardrobe/storage cupboards, pine flooring, radiator and door to
- Spacious refitted Bathroom 1with white suite comprising panelled bath with shower and shower screen, large shower unit with wall mounted multi shower fitting, pedestal wash basin, low level wc and bidet, heated towel rail, ceramic tiled walls.
- Bedroom 2: 4.27m x 3.58m (14'0" x 11'9")with Arts and Crafts style fire place, exposed oak beams, built in wardrobe cupboard, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.66m x 3.28m (12'0" x 10'9")with Arts and Crafts style fireplace, wash basin and fitted wardrobe cupboard.
- Bedroom 4: 3.05m x 2.87m (10'0" x 9'5")approximately excluding the depth of the recess and with extensive range of fitted wardrobe cupboards, radiator.
- Bathroom 2with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower fittings, pedestal wash basin, heated towel rail, ceramic tiled walls.
- Separate wcwith low level suite.
- OutsideA delightful feature of the property are the fine flint walled gardens which are arranged on three sides of the house with the principal area of garden affording a south westerly aspect and measuirng approximately 80' x 60' (24m x 18m). Extensively lawned with well stocked borders the garden contains a variety of ornamental trees and shrubs and affords a good degree of privacy. There is a charming sheltered and secluded courtyard garden and a recently constructed cedar wood Conservatory adjacent to the garage. Utility Stores with plumbing for washing machine and large log store. Pedestrian side access and access to
- Double length Garage: 10.06m x 2.74m (33'0" x 9')approximately with electronically operated door and door to garden. The entrance drive affords good additional Off Road Parking Space and the garage adjoins the far neighbour's garage.