2 Bedroom, House | off West Street, Alfriston
A spaciously proportioned detached house of intriguing character with a secluded southerly garden in the heart of this picturesque downland village.
Having been in the same family ownership for many years the property is believed to be the result of an early conversion of a former barn of flint construction. The accommodation, which now requires improvement, may have potential, subject to any consents required, for the introduction of a third bedroom on the first floor. The property has the rare feature of a secluded southerly garden which also has great potential. An inspection will convey the individual appeal and scope this property offers. Available with early vacant possession.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Porchand Front Door to
- Entrance Hallwith oak finished flooring, deep cupboard below stairs, radiator.
- Sitting Room: 5.05m x 3.80m (16'7" x 12'6")approximate measurements of the irregular shaped room with radiator, oak finished flooring and open plan with
- Sun Lounge: 4.72m x 2.90m (15'6" x 9'6")with an attractive double aspect including a southerly view in to the garden, radiator, tiled floor, range of fitted book shelving and sliding aluminium framed doors give access to the garden.
- Open plan Kitchen/Dining Room: 7.32m x 2.95m (24'0" x 9'8")widening to 10'3" in the dining area with double aspect, range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets over, inset stainless steel sink unit, integrated Homark oven with 4 ring gas hob and filterhood over, space for refrigerator, wall mounted GloWorm gas fired boiler (installed in recent years) radiator and door to the rear garden.
- Utility Roomwith deep glazed sink and plumbing for washing machine and door to
- Separate WCwith low level suite, radiator and window.The staircase rises to the First Floor Landing with loft access.
- Bedroom 1: 4.98m x 3.80m (16'4" x 12'6")approximate maximum measurements into the sloping eaves of this L shaped room with southerly aspect and radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 4.01m x 2.97m (13'2" x 9'9")approximate maximum measurements into the eaves and securing a southerly aspect, radiator.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with wall mounted shower fitting and shower screen pedestal wash basin and low level wc, radiator, heated towel rail, linen storage cupboard and window.
- OutsideThe easily maintained garden is mainly arranged on the south side of the property extending to a width of about 50' by a depth of about 45'. Securing an unusually high degree of seclusion as well as sun through most of the day the garden is laid mainly to lawn with borders containing a variety of shrubs and ornamental trees which combine to provide good privacy. There is a garden store with access to the adjacent garage and there is also gated footpath access directly into West Street.
- Garage: 5.90m x 2.60m (19'4" x 8'6")with up and over door, power and light points and rear access to the garden store and rear garden.There is car parking space in front of the house.