Price Guide - £1,000,000
4 Bedroom, Detached House | The Street, Wilmington
Wilmington is a much sought after and picturesque small village on the edge of scenic downland countryside and the South Downs National Park as well as adjacent farmland. There is a lively village community with the popular Giants Rest nearby and the ancient parish church further along The Street. Wilmington is only about 5 miles from Eastbourne which offers a wide range of amenities including popular schools and excellent shopping facilities. There are rail services from Berwick Station to London Victoria and to Gatwick. Cultural facilities in the area include world class opera at Glyndebourne and the nearby downland countryside offers wonderful recreational opportunity.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- 1 Gardens
- 1 Parking spaces
- 2 Garages
- Approached via its long graveled entrance drive ensuring the property is well set back and hidden from the road.
- Oak double front door to entrance lobby with tiled floor opening onto the
- Reception Hall: with 2 radiators, exposed flint walls.
- Magnificent Vaulted Sitting Room: 26' 0" x 20' 5" (7.92m x 6.22m) with ash flooring, handsome brick fireplace, sliding double glazed doors giving access to the southerly terrace, double doors to the east terrace, glass bay window securing a glorious garden aspect, 4 radiators, timber spiral staircase to
- Galleried Study: 19' 7" x 8' 0" (5.97m x 2.44m) and affording an aspect over the rear garden, range of fitted oak office furniture.
- Dining Room: 17' 10" x 15' 0" (5.44m x 4.57m) with ash flooring, narrowing to 10'8", vaulted ceiling, radiator, sliding door to southerly bricked terrace and door to
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 18' 0" x 14' 3" (5.49m x 4.34m) luxuriously refitted with range of corian working surfaces with soft closing drawers and cupboards below and matching range of cabinets over, sink unit with mixer tap, range of integrated Miele appliances including fan oven and grill, microwave combi oven/grill and a steam oven, coffee maker, wine cooler, dishwasher, low level fridge and freezer, island unit with granite working surface, tiled floor, radiator, oil fired aga, archway through to
- Snug: 13' 8" x 10' 2" (4.17m x 3.10m) with tiled floor, wood burning stove, radiator, double glazed double doors to the
- Conservatory: 21' 4" x 10' 1" (6.50m x 3.07m) with glorious garden aspect, exposed flint wall, tiled floor, air conditioning system, sliding patio doors to the garden.
- Ground Floor Bedroom 4: 21' 4" x 10' 0" (6.50m x 3.05m) with ash flooring, 2 radiators.
- Cloakroom/Shower Room: refitted with white suite comprising low level wc, shower unit, tiled floor, wash basin.
- Utility Room : NB possible kitchenette for ground floor annexe with tiled floor, radiator. Currently space for American style fridge/freezer (ground floor bedroom, cloakroom/shower room and storage room/kitchenette could be used in conjunction to create a self contained ground floor annexe)
- Staircase descends from the dining room to
- Large Family Room/Games Room: 22' 0" x 15' 2" (6.71m x 4.62m) excluding the depth of the extensive range of fitted cupboards, ash flooring, 2 radiators, door to
- Refitted Shower Room: with shower unit/steam cubicle, low level wc, wash basin, heated towel rail, radiator, door to sauna.
- Utility/Laundry Room: with range of corian surfaces, sink unit, range of cupboards, integrated washing machine and integrated dryer. Oil fired boiler.
- Staircase rises from the sitting room level to spacious first floor landing with 2 radiators, large airing cupboard.
- Master Bedroom Suite comprising Bedroom 1: 19' 1" x 13' 4" (5.82m x 4.06m) excluding the depth of the range of fitted wardrobe cupboards, southerly views, radiator, door to
- en suite Shower Room: with white suite comprising sunken bath with mixer tap, large shower unit, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, tiled floor, Velux window.
- Bedroom 2: 11' 7" x 9' 9" (3.53m x 2.97m) affording a southerly aspect, radiator, Velux window.
- Bedroom 3: 11' 7" x 9' 7" (3.53m x 2.92m) affording a southerly aspect, radiator, Velux window.
- Outside: The property is set within extensive gardens and is well secluded. The delightful and mainly lawned level rear garden extends to a depth in excess of 120' and forms a delightful setting for the property. Securing complete privacy the garden has been principally laid to lawn for ease of maintenance but there are flower beds and borders which contain a wide variety of ornamental trees and shrubs. There are areas of brick terrace securing sun throughout the day. Sunken brick water feature. Gated access to the front driveway.
- Double Garage: 19' 0" x 17' 10" (5.79m x 5.44m) with electric up and over doors. The private entrance drive affords off road car parking space for numerous vehicles.