Guide Price - £750,000
3 Bedroom, Detached House | Caneheath, Polegate
Idyllically situated and set within gardens and grounds extending to approximately 2 acres*, a spaciously proportioned detached Sussex style house affording delightful views to the adjacent scenic countryside. The property has been improved over the years and is elegantly presented, providing a wonderful opportunity as a fine country home of a type and in a locality rarely available. The landscaped gardens and grounds are a particularly noteworthy feature of the property and combine to provide an outstanding setting for this fine home. Only an inspection will convey the many merits of this delightful property.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- 1 Gardens
- 1 Parking spaces
- 2 Garages
- The property is approached by its gated private driveway with generous parking forecourt.
- Entrance Lobby: with glazed inner door to
- Reception Hall: with storage cupboard below stairs, additional storage/cloaks cupboard, two radiators, glazed doors to kitchen and to sitting room
- Sitting Room: with double aspect and affording fine views into the rear gardens overlooking the pond, period style fireplace, 3 radiators, sliding doors to terrace, communicating on the semi-open plan with
- Dining Room: affording garden views, glass shelved display unit with lighting, storage cupboard, radiator
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: tastefully fitted with an extensive range of working surfaces with limed oak finished draws and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets above, one and a half bowl sink unit with mixer tap, integrated fridge, freezer and dishwashing machine, space for range style cooker with extractor above, large walk in storage cupboard, two radiators, doors leading to
- Sun Room: affording delightful views over the gardens, storage cupboard with space for fridge freezer, sliding doors lead to rear garden
- Utility Room: with space and plumbing for laundry appliances, sink unit, window
- Shower Room with wc: with shower unit, low level wc, vanity unit with wash basin and storage below, radiator, window
- First Floor Landing: The staircase rises from the sitting room to the large first floor landing with eaves storage cupboard and airing cupboard, 2 radiators.
- Bedroom 1: with double aspect affording breathtaking views over the gardens to the countryside of the South Downs, two large built in wardrobes, eaves storage cupboard, two radiators
- Bedroom 2: with double aspect affording fine views over the gardens and adjacent countryside, eaves storage cupboard, loft access hatch, deep wardrobe, radiator
- Bedroom 3: affording aspect to the rear garden, built in double wardrobe, radiator
- Bathroom 1: with panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, shower unit, vanity unit comprising wash basin with draws and cupboards below, low level wc, radiator, window
- Bathroom 2: with panelled bath with mixer tap, shower unit, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, radiator, window
- Outside: The extensive gardens and grounds are an important feature of the property, extending to approximately 2 acres in total (*to be confirmed) with a principal area of lawn between the house and the large landscaped pond, decked jetty with seating area and summerhouse. There is a further area of garden with mature oak and other specimen trees and well stocked flower beds and borders. A wide patio flanks the rear elevation and provides an outstanding viewpoint. A large paddock is located at the north end of the property with gated vehicular access.
- Detached Double Garage: with electric up and over door, lighting and power, water supply with tap. At the rear of the garage is a Store Room and oil storage tank for central heating.
- Detached Scandinavian style Lodge: fitted with enclosed wood fired sauna, shower unit and separate Reception Area and large integral store.
- Directions: From the north and from the A22, Lower Dicker, turn into Coldharbour Road proceeding towards Upper Dicker. After passing the village shop on the left hand side, take the left hand turning opposite Bede's School (on the right) - signposted 'Michelham Priory'. Proceed along the road for approximately 1.5km then take the turning on the right signposted 'Caneheath'. Chelmwood will be found after approximately 1.5 km on the right hand side.