5 Bedroom, Detached House | Upper Carlisle Road, Eastbourne
One of Mead's finest detached houses of character providing outstanding family accommodation. Commanding glorious views over Eastbourne to the sea and to the downs the accommodation has been substantially improved in recent years and whilst retaining delightful period character now features an impressive 30' open plan bespoke kitchen and family dining room in addition to four other reception rooms. The landscaped and extensively lawned gardens include an area of natural woodland beyond which is the scenic downland countryside of the South Downs National Park to which there is direct access.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- The sweeping entrance drive gives access to handsome Entrance Porch with solid oak panelled front door to
- Entrance Lobby: with glazed door to
- Spacious Reception Hall: with deep storage cupboard below stairs and fine Arts and Crafts style staircase.
- Cloakroom: with wash basin and low level wc.
- Sitting Room: 16' 0" x 14' 5" (4.88m x 4.39m) commanding fine views and featuring handsome Minster stone open fireplace with wide hearth and double doors open to
- Study: 9' 10" x 9' 2" (3.00m x 2.79m) with fitted cupboards and book shelving over, double glazed casement doors to garden.
- TV Room: 11' 8" x 11' 5" (3.56m x 3.48m) with lovely garden aspect, double glazed door to garden.
- Spacious Dining Room: 16' 0" x 15' 3" (4.88m x 4.65m) with fine views, handsome arched double doors give open plan access into the
- Magnificent Kitchen/Family Dining Room: 30' 0" x 14' 0" (9.14m x 4.27m) commanding fine southerly views and superbly equipped with range of bespoke kitchen units by Barn Joinery. Double bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and with hot hand shower, range of polished granite working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below including deep pan drawers, matching beech finished island unit with drawers and cupboards below, walk in shelved pantry cupboard, Britannia range oven with two ovens and rotisserie below and four ring gas hob and hot plate with Rangemaster filter hood over, built in American style refrigerator, heated tiled floor, doors to front and rear gardens including folding double glazed doors giving access to the large terrace.
- Large Utility Room: with stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and working surfaces, range of deep storage cupboards, plumbing for washing machine and freezer, wall mounted GlowWorm gas fired boiler, tiled floor and door to garden.
The impressive Arts and Crafts style staircase rises from the reception hall to the large first floor Landing with deep linen storage cupboard, ladder access to loft space.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 14' 8" x 14' 0" (4.47m x 4.27m) with fine views to the downs and sea and doors to dressing room and bathroom.
- Spacious luxuriously fitted en suite Bathroom: with panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower and large shower with multi shower jets, wash basin in vanity unit with drawer below, low level wc, heated towel rail and downland views.
- Dressing Room/Bedroom 5: 14' 8" x 8' 7" (4.47m x 2.62m) with wall to wall and floor to ceiling range of bespoke wardrobe cupboards, drawer units, fine southerly views.
- Bedroom 2: 14' 7" x 13' 10" (4.45m x 4.22m) commanding fine southerly views.
- Shower Room: with shower unit, wash basin in vanity unit with cupboard below, low level wc, heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 3: 14' 0" x 9' 10" (4.27m x 3.00m) with floor to ceiling fitted wardrobe cupboard and southerly views.
- Bedroom 4: 11' 8" x 10' 6" (3.56m x 3.20m) with garden aspect.
- Bathroom 2: with panelled spa style bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, wash basin in vanity unit with drawers and cupboards below, low level wc, heated towel rail, garden aspect.
- Outside: The gardens and grounds are an important feature of this property and provide a wonderful setting. The rear garden extends to a depth of about 200' including an area of woodland which gives access to scenic Downland. The principal area of lawned garden immediately to the rear of the house is flanked by a terrace from which there are fine views to the downs and toward the sea. There is an area of kitchen garden in raised beds and a aluminium framed greenhouse with power and light and a gardener's seating terrace which also commands fine views to the sea and to the downs.
- Large Garage: 19' 8" x 10' 3" (5.99m x 3.12m) widening to 17'6" with electronic up and over door, wine store and personal door.