4 Bedroom, House | Went Way, East Dean
Commanding glorious downland views - A detached 4 bedroom Grade II listed period house of Georgian character within a charming garden setting on the edge of this scenic downland village
The present owners have maintained the property to a high standard over the years and have sought to preserve and enhance the original period character, retaining features such as the old bakery oven in the reception hall. The garden shows the hand of a very able gardener and has been arranged for ease of maintenance. Only an inspection will convey the wonderful character and appeal of this property.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- The Bakehouse/Reception Hall: 3.05m x 2.87m (10'0" x 9'5")retaining a wealth of charming period features including the old oven and exposed flint work, radiator, downland view and door to
- Spacious Inner Hallwith tiled floor, storage cupboard below stairs.
- Cloakroom/Shower Roomwith pedestal wash basin, low level wc and shower unit, radiator, ceramic tiled floor.
- Sitting Room: 4.72m x 3.30m (15'6" x 10'10")approximately into the rounded window bay which commands glorious downland views, handsome period style fire surround with open hearth, 2 radiators.
- Dining Room: 3.89m x 3.43m (12'9" x 11'3")approximately with handsome period style fire surround inset with wood burning stove, panelled walls, radiator, downland views.
- Spacious Farmhouse style Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 4.65m x 3.90m (15'3" x 12'10")approximately to include the depth of the old fireplace recess and range of working surfaces with cupboards below and matching wall cabinets over, gas fired boiler in recess, radiator, part panelled walls, ceramic tiled floor, double aspect and door to garden.
- Large Utility Room: 3.6m 2.06mapproximately with stainless steel sink unit and worktops with cupboards below, matching wall cabinets, plumbing for dishwasher and for washing machine, ceramic tiled floor.The staircase rises to the
- First Floor Landingwith deep linen storage cupboard housing water cylinder and access to loft space.
- Bedroom 1: 4.70m x 3.90m (15'5" x 12'10")approximate maximum measurements into the wide recesses, fitted double wardrobes with matching book case, radiator and double aspect affording lovely garden view.
- Bedroom 2: 3.9m 3.4mapproximately into the recesses flanking the period style fire surround, built in wardrobe cupboard, radiator, downland views.
- Bedroom 3: 3.90m x 3.43m (12'10" x 11'3")approximately into the recesses flanking the fine period fireplace, built in wardrobe cupboard, radiator, downland views.
- Bedroom 4: 3.96m x 2.44m (13' x 8'0")approximately with radiator and garden aspect.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and handshower attachment, pedestal wash basin and low level wc, heated towel rail, radiator, part tiled walls, window.
- OutsideThe lovely mature flint walled gardens afford a delightful setting and are an important feature of the property. Mostly arranged to the rear and side of the house and with a wide terrace commanding breathtaking views over the village to the scenic downland countryside. A sheltered and secluded courtyard style garden gives access to the rear garden which is terraced and arranged as a series of rooms commanding downland views and flanked by profusely stocked borders containing a wonderful variety of flowering shrubs and plants. A range of outbuildings include 2 flint and brick garden stores and a timber garden shed.The parking forecourt provides ample space for 2 cars. We are advised that an area of allotment garden 40 yards along the lane from the house is available for use by the residents of The Old Bakehouse.