7 Bedroom, House | Winton Street, Alfriston
Set within an idyllic downland hamlet surrounded by scenic countryside close to the picturesque village of Alfriston
A spaciously proportioned five bedroom house with a large self contained two bedroom cottage adjoining within extensive gardens and grounds. Grade II listed the principal accommodation was formed by the conversion of a picturesque flint built barn enhanced by contemporary styling and a recently constructed cottage annexe which provides generous independent accommodation. The property sits within extensive gardens and grounds with breathtaking views to downland countryside and the Sussex Weald. There is a swimming pool and tennis court in the gardens. With some further improvement the property offers potential for a truly remarkable home.
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Magnificent Reception Hall: 6.25m x 5.13m (20'6" x 16'10")with an impressive stone floor, two radiators and a fine oak staircase and Cloakroom with wash basin and low level wc.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 6.25m x 5.56m (20'6" x 18'3")with a handsome period style stone fire surround with open hearth, bespoke wall to wall range of oak cabinets, two radiators, casement doors to the walled garden.
- Dining Room: 5.49m x 3.00m (18'0" x 9'10")into the recesses, oak flooring, radiator, wonderful garden aspect and far reaching downland view, door to walled garden.
- Spacious Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 5.60m x 2.95m (18'4" x 9'8")recently refurbished with a range of polished granite work surfaces with bespoke cherry wood cupboards and wall cabinets, with inset deep glazed Belfast sink, Bosch dishwashing machine, Bosch refrigerator and Lacanche range cooker with 5 gas hobs and grill and 3 ovens, filter hood above, cupboard housing the Grant oil fired boiler, radiator, oak floor, garden aspect and fine views. Door to rear lobby.
- Laundry Roomwith plumbing for washing machine, space for fridge/freezer, tiled floor.The handsome solid oak staircase rises from the reception hall to the
- Spacious Galleried Landing: 3.58m x 3.25m (11'9" x 10'8")with the large study area with its valuted ceiling, three radiators.
- Master Bedoom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 4.11m x 3.43m (13'6" x 11'3")with vaulted ceiling, radiator and cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
- Bedroom 2/Dressing Room: 3.35m x 2.26m (11' x 7'5")with far reaching views, vaulted ceiling, radiator.
- Shower Roomwith large corner shower unit, pedestal wash basin and low level we, window. Radiator and extractor fan.
- Bedroom 3: 4.11m x 3.15m (13'6" x 10'4")with radiator, vaulted ceiling, bespoke oak bookcase.
- Bedroom 4: 4.14m x 3.35m (13'7" x 11')approximate maximum measurements of the 'L' shaped room, commanding breathtaking views, vaulted ceiling, radiator.
- Bedroom 5: 4.47m x 2.24m (14'8" x 7'4")with far reaching view, vaulted ceiling and radiator.
- Family Bathroomwith panelled bath with shower over, wash basin, we and radiator.
- The Coach House approached via an Entrance Lobby with radiator and shelving.
- Spacious open plan Living Room comprising Sitting Room: 4.98m x 3.50m (16'4" x 11'6")commanding breathtaking views over the oo to the downs, log burning stove, radiator, oak floor and open plan wi
- Dining area: 3.73m x 3.18m (12'3" x 10'5")excluding the depth of the stairwell recess, garden aspect, oak flooring, two radiators, open plan with kitchen.
- Inner Hallwith oak flooring and door to Cloakroom with wash basin and low level we and radiator.
- Large Utility Room: 2.87m x 2.03m (9'5" x 6'8")with Grant oil fired boiler, plumbing for washing machine, space for refrigerator/freezer and door to the rear lobby.Staircase to first floor Landing, range of fitted cupboards, airing cupboard.
- Bedroom 1: 5.03m x 3.45m (16'6" x 11'4")commanding breathtaking views to the downs and toward the Sussex Weald, oak flooring, radiator, ladder access to the vaulted Office in roof space. En suite Shower room with large shower unit with multi jet shower fittings, wash basin, low level we, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
- Bedroom 2: 4.98m x 2.51m (16'4" x 8'3")deep built in floor to ceiling wardrobe cupboards, oak flooring, radiator.
- Bathroomwith panelled bath with shower attachment, wash basin and low level we, heated towel rail, heritage velux window.
- OutsideThe extensive gardens and grounds provide a glorious setting for this property. Arranged on both sides of the house and mainly at the rear the principal area of lawned garden with the oval shaped Swimming Pool extends to about 100' by a similar width and continuing beyond the tennis court and the kitchen garden is a charming area of natural woodland which includes old yew trees, beech and birch. A charming flint walled secluded garden flanks the east elevation of the main house. Timber garden shed. Pool pump house and Summerhouse. *Although we have not checked the boundary, we are advised that the property extends to almost one acre and is bordered by downland countryside.In front of the house the entrance drive provides generous car parking and turning space for several cars.