3 Bedroom, House | Willingdon Lane, Jevington
One of the very finest period houses of its type that we have seen in the local downland villages over many years - an absolutely charming and spacious house set within extensive gardens in this idyllic downland location.
Rosepenna, which is the principal portion of an impressive listed Grade II period house, has been substantially and tastefully improved over the years with care taken to preserve and enhance the charm of the period features which include an outstanding inglenook fireplace in the principal reception room as well as unusually high oak beamed ceilings with generous window space flooding the house with natural light. Most of the accommodation secures views over the delightful gardens towards the downs whilst the extensive but easily maintained gardens provide a lovely setting and a high degree of privacy in summer.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Receptions
- Entrance Hallwith radiator.
- Cloakroom/Shower Roomwith low level wc, wash basin, shower unit with Aqualisa shower fittings, heated towel rail and tiled floor.
- Spacious Sitting/Dining Room: 7.7m x 4.8m (25'2" x 15'8")excluding the depth of the impressive inglenook fireplace with its deep and wide recess with solid oak bressumer beam over, oak beamed ceiling of unusually good height, skirting radiators and a charming double aspect and access to the rear garden.
- Large Kitchen/Family Dining Room: 6.1m x 4.0m (20'0" x 13'2")with a lovely garden aspect and oak beamed ceiling. The kitchen area is equipped with extensive range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets, double bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Neff oven and inset four ring electric hob, plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine, wall mounted Worcester gas fired boiler, partly vaulted ceiling, deep storage cupboard.The staircase rises from the entrance hall to the First Floor Landing with cupboard housing lagged water cylinder, radiator.
- Spacious Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 4.3m x 3.8m (14'0" x 12'7")with mellowed brick fire surround, radiator, deep walk in shelved wardrobe cupboard, 2 radiators, view towards the downs and door to
- Dressing Room: 2.3m x 2.0m (7'6" x 6'8")approximate maximum measurements into the recess with sloping ceiling, radiator and access to under eaves storage space.
- Bedroom 2: 4.1m x 3.2m (13'6" x 10'4")with double aspect including a view toward the downs, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.8m x 3.5m (12'4" x 11'4")into the wide recess with exposed oak timbers, partly vaulted ceiling, radiator and view towards the downs.
- Spacious Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap, wash basin, low level wc, bidet, heated towel rail and view towards the downs.A solid pine step ladder staircase rises from the landing to the
- Attic: 4.3m x 3.0m (14'0" x 9'8")reducing partly due to the sloping ceiling. Whilst not scheduled as a habital room the attic is fully boarded withy carpeted floor, radiator, Velux window with view toward the down. Access to under eaves storage space and door access to the additional area of large boarded and partly shelved loft space with water cylinder.
- OutsideThe extensive gardens are an important feature of this property and provide a lovely setting. Measuring about 140' in depth with frontage to Willingdon Lane of about 100' and frontage to Eastbourne Lane of about 60' the gardens are mainly lawned for ease of maintenance but also offer great potential for a keen gardener. The principal area of garden at the rear secures a delightful south westerly aspect and affords delightful views toward the downs to the east, the west and to the north. A wide variety of ornamental trees and shrubs combine to provide a good degree of privacy. There is a charming flint walled courtyard style garden with immediate access from the principal reception room.There is car parking space for 2 cars in the rear garden with access from Eastbourne Lane and ample scope for the provision of further off road car parking space and, possibly, Garage Space *subject to any consents required.