4 Bedroom, House | Gore Park Avenue, Old Town
An unusually spacious four bedroom house of charming Victorian style commanding far reaching south westerly views to the downs.
The unusually generously proportioned accommodation retains much of its original period character with handsome fireplaces, colonial style window shutters and other fine detail. As well as wonderful views and a south westerly garden aspect the property also has the benefit of a large and useful cellar below. Only an internal inspection will convey the individual character and high appeal of this delightful home.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Porchwith front door to
- Entrance Lobbywith inner glazed door to
- Large Entrance Hallwith radiator.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 5.10m x 4.14m (16'9" x 13'7")with front garden aspect and featuring a handsome period style fire surround with gas coal effect fire on mellowed brick hearth, colonial style window shutters, radiator and open plan with
- Large Dining Room: 4.40m x 3.66m (14'5" x 12'0")with garden aspect, radiator and garden access.
- Kitchen: 5.90m x 3.35m (19'4" x 11')with attractive garden aspect as well as a view toward the downs. Extensive range of working surfaces including the central breakfast bar with drawers and cupboards below and matching range of light oak finished wall cabinets over, inset double bowl deep china sink unit with mixer tap, plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, radiator, colonial style shuttered windows, ceramic tiled floor and double glazed door to garden.A staircase descends from the entrance hall to the excellent
- Cellar/Storagespace below providing a Utility Room facility with good head height, a double glazed window, power and light points.The handsome period style staircase rises to the large first floor Landing with radiator.
- Bedroom 1: 5.61m x 5.08m (18'5" x 16'8")into the wide window bay with colonial style shutters, radiator.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2: 4.37m x 3.66m (14'4" x 12'0")with period style fire surround, radiator.
- Spacious Shower Room: 3.30m x 3.18m (10'10" x 10'5")with large shower unit, pedestal wash basin and low level wc, large shelved linen storage cupboard housing the wall mounted Vaillant gas fired boiler, double aspect with view toward the downs.The period style staircase continues to the well lit second floor Landing with access to under eaves storage space.
- Bedroom 4: 4.70m x 4.42m (15'5" x 14'6")into the recess with a handsome period style fire surround, radiator, range of built in storage cupboards and far reaching views towards the sea.
- Bedroom 5: 4.57m x 3.73m (15' x 12'3")with handsome tiled period fireplace surround, wash basin with cabinet below, radiator, built in storage cupboard, fine views to the downs.
- OutsideThe easily maintained gardens provide a charming setting for this property. The rear garden extends to a depth of about 45' extending to include a paved courtyard area with access from the dining room. Commanding outstanding south westerly views over Old Town toward the downs the garden is partly lawned and there are paved terraces flanking the rear elevation. There are raised flower beds and a utility area of garden beyond with trellising with a useful brick built garden store. Gated pedestrian side access serves this property and its immediate neighbour.