3 Bedroom, House | The Green, East Dean
A very rare opportunity to secure one of the finest downland properties in the East Dean area flanked by scenic countryside yet within walking distance of the picturesque village green.
Commanding breathtaking views this important detached house is believed to have been constructed in the 1920's and to a remarkably high specification in the Arts & Crafts' style. Significantly and tastefully improved over the years the accommodation retains delightful features of its period with fine oak joinery, handsome fireplaces and outstanding views from the principal rooms. A large games room, constructed by a previous owner, connects with the enchanting flint built folly. An inspection will convey the exceptionally high merit of this very special property.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith stone floor and inner oak front door to
- Spacious Reception Hall: 5.9m x 4.7m (19'6" x 15'5")as it extends into the inner hall past the impressive oak staircase with its fine carved detail. Two radiators, oak flooring, deep storage cupboard.
- Large Cloakroomwith wash basin, radiator, stone floor and door to
- Separate WCwith low level suite, radiator, stone floor, extractor fan and window.
- Sitting Room: 5.4m x 5.3m (17'9" x 17'6")into the recesses flanking the handsome stone fireplace and the wide window bay which affords fine views, built in oak cabinets flank the fireplace, oak flooring and panelled wall and radiator.
- 2nd Reception Room: 4.5m x 3.6m (14'9" x 11'10")with a charming double aspect which includes far reaching views over the village to the downs, fine stone fire surround with carved detail, radiator, oak floor.
- Dining Room: 4.6m x 4.2m (15' x 13'8")into the window bay with a lovely garden aspect, fine stone floor, beamed ceiling with inset lighting, radiator and casement doors to the terrace and garden.
- Spacious Farmhouse style Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 6.2m x 3.4m (20'3" x 11'3")equipped with a range of bespoke units by Chalon and a double aspect includes garden views. Honed granite working surfaces with double china sink inset with mixer tap and range of drawers and cupboards below, Bosch dishwasher and matching wall cabinets over, central island unit with solid oak top, cabinet housing the Miele refrigerator, inset deep china sink with mixer tap and drawers and cupboards below, Aga range oven with two hobs, two ovens and adjacent matching double electric oven, grill and four gas hobs set into the inglenook style recess and flanked by cabinets, ceramic tiled floor, radiator, inset ceiling lighting and wiring for integral sound system together with the dining room.
- Utility Room: 3.7m x 2.9m (12'0" x 9'5")into the wide recess with deep china Butler's sink set into polished granite working surface with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets and shelving, Neff refrigerator and space for freezer, radiator, tiled floor, door to garden.
- Study: 5.6m x 2.4m (18'3" x 7'9")with double aspect, recently installed log burning stove, radiator, parquet flooring and door to
- Laundry Room: 2.5m x 2.3m (8'4" x 7'6")with polished granite worktop with shelving and plumbing for washing machine below, corner wash basin, pair of Ideal classic wall mounted gas fired boilers and parquet floor. (NB This part of the house might be adapted to provide a granny annexe if required.)
- Large Games Room: 10.4m x 6.6m (34' x 21'7")with four radiators and door to
- Storeroom: 5.5m x 1.8m (18'2" x 6'0")The handsome Staircase with its fine oak detail and carved figures of Owl and Squirrels rises to the first floor Landing with radiator.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.0m x 4.8m (16'3" x 15'10")commanding breathtakingly beautiful views to scenic downland countryside, engineered oak floor, radiator and door to
- Spacious en suite Bathroom: 3.7m x 2.4m (12'3" x 8'0")also commanding fine views and with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, wash basin, low level wc, bidet, heated towel rail, radiator and tiled floor.
- Bedroom 2: 5.2m x 4.1m (17' x 13'4")reducing due to sloping ceilings, double aspect with lovely garden views, fine Arts & Crafts style fireplace, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.8m x 3.7m (12'4" x 12'3")to include the depth of the wall to wall range of fitted wardrobe cupboards and the recesses, radiator and garden aspect.
- Spacious second Bathroom: 3.5m x 2.5m (11'6" x 8'3")with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap, wash basin, low level wc, shower unit with multi jet shower fittings, shelved linen storage cupboard housing lagged water cylinder, radiator.
- Separate wcwith wash basin, low level wc, radiator, window.
- OutsideThe extensive gardens and grounds combine to provide a glorious downland setting for Little Hill. Set within about 1.5 acres *(to be confirmed) which afford an unusually high degree of seclusion, the property secures wonderful downland views from the house and gardens and from the intriguing flint built Folly with its central staircase rising to the enclosed viewing floor which commands a truly panoramic vista and has access from the house via a tunnel constructed in relatively recent years. Extensively laid to lawn with areas of wild flower meadow, the gardens are also partly wooded, featuring an area of productive kitchen garden and access to the South Downs National Park.
- Large Garage: 6.3m x 3.5m (20'7" x 11'6")with automatic up and over door, power and light points.
- Single Garage/Workshop: 5.5m x 2.4m (18'0" x 7'9")with light points.
- Large Garden Store & Log Sheds