4 Bedroom, House | Green Lane, Jevington
A 4 bedroom detached period house within this idyllic downland village with a charming garden affording views to the South Downs.
The property is listed Grade II and features remarkably spacious accommodation with generally good ceiling heights and charming period features. Some improvements are now required. Only an inspection will convey the considerable charm and appeal of this property and its garden.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Timbered Entrance Porchand oak panelled front door to
- Reception Hall: 4.14m x 2.20m (13'7" x 7'3")with attractive stone floor, radiator (this area has been used in the past as a study).
- Spacious Sitting Room: 6.40m x 4.06m (21' x 13'4")narrowing to 12'6" approximately and featuring a double aspect and a log burning stove set into a wide open hearth with the remnants of the old bread oven to one side, beamed ceiling, stone floor, 2 radiators and double glazed casement doors to the rear garden.
- Dining Room: 4.67m x 3.15m (15'4" x 10'4")with a double aspect and featuring an Aga oven set into the fireplace recess flanked by cabinets, pine floor and door to
- Kitchen: 3.78m x 2.00m (12'5" x 6'7")with courtyard garden aspect and range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and wall cabinets over, stainless steel double bowl sink with mixer tap, integrated CDA oven with four ring gas hob and filter hood over, plumbing for washing machine, space for dryer, dishwasher, wall mounted Baxi boiler, radiator, tiled floor, deep storage cupboard and a stable door gives access to the garden.The staircase rises from the reception hall to the large Galleried Landing with 2 radiators and loft access.
- Bedroom 1: 4.11m x 4.06m (13'6" x 13'4")with double aspect, 2 radiators.
- Bedroom 2: 4.01m x 3.25m (13'2" x 10'8")with double aspect and with period style fire surround with open hearth flanked by storage cupboards, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 4.95m x 2.44m (16'3" x 8'0")including the depth of the wide recess, radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 2.34m x 2.26m (7'8" x 7'5")with radiator.
- Bathroomattractively fitted with roll top Victorian style bath on ball and claw feet with mixer tap and shower and independent shower fitting with screen, pedestal wash basin and low level wc, heated towel rail, garden aspect.
- Separate wcwith Victorian style suite, wash basin and window.
- OutsideThe gardens flank the property on 3 sides and are mainly arranged on the south and west of the property affording a good degree of privacy for the property and a high degree of sunshine through the day. Extending to an overall depth of about 40' x 30' the principal westerly area of garden is mainly lawned for ease of maintenance and secures a delightful view over the adjacent countryside to the downs. There is a sheltered area of courtyard garden with access from the sitting room with a brick built barbeque and large brick built Garden Store.
- Garage: 4.95m x 2.60m (16'3" x 8'6")with up and over door and power and light points.