3 Bedroom, House | High Street, Alfriston
An enchanting three bedroom village house of great character commanding glorious views over the picturesque Tye and parish church in Alfriston.
This Grade II listed property is reputed to have been built in the early 1600's and has been improved over the years and more recently by the present owners to provide charming accommodation which retains a wealth of period character. Benefits include a recently refitted kitchen/dining room and the rare advantage of a garage and off road parking. An early appointment to view is strongly recommended.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 1 Receptions
- Refitted Kitchen/Dining Room: 4.47m x 3.68m (14'8" x 12'1")approximate measurements to include the depth of the impressive inglenook fire place recess with oak bressumer beam over, the kitchen is fitted with a range of Corian working surfaces with range of solid oak drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets over, sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Bosch oven with induction hob and fridge/freezer, pantry cupboard with wall mounted GlowWorm gas fired boiler and plumbing and space for washing machine, beamed ceiling, tiled floor, radiator.
- Sitting Room: 4.83m x 4.72m (15'10" x 15'6")into the recesses and securing a delightful garden aspect with views over the Tye to the picturesque parish church and scenic downland beyond, exposed oak timbers, two radiators, access to the cellar below, door to rear garden.The staircase rises to the first floor Landing with large shelved linen storage cupboard.
- Bedroom 1: 4.75m x 2.44m (15'7" x 8'0")with deep walk in wardrobe cupboard and commanding some of the finest views over the Tye to the parish church and downs beyond, radiator, casement doors to
- Balconywhich commands glorious views.
- Bedroom 2: 2.92m x 2.70m (9'7" x 8'10")with deep built in wardrobe cupboard, radiator.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, wash basin set into vanity unit with cupboards below, low level wc, part tiled walls, heated towel rail, window.The staircase with reduced ceiling height continues to the second floor
- Bedroom 3: 6.40m x 2.74m (21' x 9')approximate measurements at floor level but reducing significantly due to the sloping ceilings and eaves of this attic room, pedestal wash basin, large walk in shelved wardrobe/storage cupboard, radiator, downland views.
- OutsideThere is a charming cottage style garden at the rear which extends to a depth of about 60'. The rear garden is walled and commands delightful views over the Tye, parish church and the downs beyond. Mainly laid to lawn with borders containing a wide variety of shrubs and ornamental trees. There are brick pathways and a wide paved terrace with access from the sitting room, attractively screened by an ancient fig tree. Timber garden store, two brick built further garden stores.
- Detached Garage: 5.03m x 2.77m (16'6" x 9'1")(currently used as a workshop/gym) The entrance drive affords additional off road parking space accessible from the Tye.