5 Bedroom, House | Summerdown Road, Eastbourne
Commanding glorious views to the downs from this exclusive Summerdown location - a remarkably spacious 5 bedroom house of fine Edwardian character and a lovely mature south westerly garden extending to a depth of about 150'.
The accommodation has been improved over the years to provide an excellent family home and, in addition to 2 large reception rooms, features a 16' kitchen/breakfast room and large areas of utility space. The double glazed conservatory commands a garden aspect. This is an outstanding property with great potential and an inspection is highly recommended.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith part glazed door to the
- Spacious Reception Hallwith its handsome period staircase with storage cupboard below, radiator.
- Sitting Room: 4.98m x 4.40m (16'4" x 14'5")with fine period style fire surround, radiator, garden aspect and door to
- Large double glazed Conservatory: 4.95m x 4.04m (16'3" x 13'3")into the wide recess with tiled floor, radiator,electric underfloor heating, delightful garden aspect and casement doors to the garden.
- Dining Room: 5.00m x 3.90m (16'5" x 12'10")with handsome period style fire surround, radiator and serving hatch.
- Large Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 4.88m x 3.23m (16'0" x 10'7")with lovely garden aspect and view toward the downs, extensive range of working surfaces with double bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and range of drawers and cupboards below with matching wall cabinets over. Integrated appliances include the 5 ring brushed steel gas hob with filter hood over and eye level oven and grill, Bosch dishwashing machine, radiator and double glazed door to the rear garden and door to
- Utility Room: 2.40m x 2.20m (7'10" x 7'3")with stainless sink and wall cabinet over, plumbing for washing machine, radiator, tiled floor and door to rear lobby.
- Separate WCand Utility Store housing the wall mounted gas fired boiler.The fine period staircase rises to the
- Large First Floor Landingwith radiator.
- Master Bedroom Suite comprising Bedroom 1: 4.40m x 3.90m (14'5" x 12'10")including the depth of the pair of built in wardrobe cupboards flanking the period style fire surround, radiator, magnificent views to the downs and door to
- En suite Shower Roomwith shower unit, wash basin and low level wc, radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 5.05m x 5.00m (16'7" x 16'5")to include the dressing recess, period style fire surround flanked by a wardrobe cupboard, wash basin, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.25m x 3.23m (10'8" x 10'7")with fine view to the downs, wash basin with cupboard below, radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 2.87m x 2.06m (9'5" x 6'9")with radiator.
- Bathroomwith panelled bath with mixer tap and independent wall mounted shower over, wash basin and vanity cupboard below, bidet, radiator, extractor fan and window.
- Separate wcwith low level suite, wash basin, radiator and window. The fine staircase continues to the well lit
- Second Floor Landingwhich gives access to large areas of loft storage space and
- Bedroom 5: 4.27m x 3.50m (14'0" x 11'6")reducing partly due to the sloping ceiling, radiator and glorious views to the downs.
- OutsideAn important feature of this property is the unusually large south westerly garden which is mainly arranged to the rear of the property and extends to an overall depth of about 150'. Mainly walled and arranged for ease of maintenance with extensive areas of lawn there are well stocked flower beds and borders which contain a wide variety of ornamental shrubs and trees which combine to give a good degree of privacy. A paved terrace flanks the rear elevation. At the end of the garden are a number of timber framed garden stores as well as a small ornamental pond. There is gated side access.
- Garage: 5.26m x 2.50m (17'3" x 8'2")with up and over door, electric light point.