£1,800,000 - SOLD
4 Bedroom, House | The Brow, Friston
One of Friston's most important houses - An exceptional character residence set within a secluded garden setting.
This spaciously proportioned and superbly presented family house has been substantially improved by the present owners. The property now benefits from a luxuriously appointed kitchen/family room with bi folding doors to the garden. The owners have retained the period character with a wealth of features making this one of Friston's finest homes. Only an inspection will convey the individual merit and appeal of this outstanding property and its delightful setting.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Magnificent Reception Hall: 5.80m x 3.96m (19'0" x 13')with handsome fireplace recess with oak bressumer beam over and Minster stone fire surround and hearth, oak flooring, two radiators, limed oak doors to, cloaks area with radiator.
- Refitted Cloakroom/wcwith wash basin, radiator.
- Large Sitting Room: 7.37m x 6.70m (24'2" x 22')affording a triple aspect, large impressive stone fireplace surround with fitted woodburner, oak flooring, three radiators, bi folding doors leading to the garden and limed oak doors to
- Games Room: 3.43m x 3.30m (11'3" x 10'10")with aspect over the front garden, radiator.
- Study: 3.96m x 3.12m (13' x 10'3")with extensive range of fitted office furniture, radiator.
- Dining Room: 4.27m x 3.43m (14'0" x 11'3")with brick fireplace surround, oak flooring, radiator, limed oak doors to
- Magnificent Kitchen/Family Room: 9.75m x 6.53m (32' x 21'5")'L' shaped room with extensive range of bespoke fitted units comprising twin bowl sink unit and extensive range of marble working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below, four oven gas Aga, Miele combination oven/microwave, integrated dishwasher, space for American style fridge/freezer, Travertine stone floor with underfloor heating which continues through into the family area with bi folding doors leading to the garden.
- Utility Roomfitted with matching kitchen units and marble worktop, space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, fitted linen drying cupboard, underfloor heating, door to garage.The handsome limed oak staircase rises to the Landing with window seat, two radiators, large under eaves storage cupboard.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.13m x 3.96m (16'10" x 13')with large walk in wardrobe cupboard, two radiators and communicating on the open plan with
- Dressing Room: 3.43m x 3.30m (11'3" x 10'10")fitted with extensive range of bespoke wardrobes and dressing unit (was previously bedroom 5 and could be re established if required.
- Large en suite Bathroomwith white suite comprising oversized panelled bath with mixer tap, separate shower cubicle, wc, fitted drawers with glass top and inset wash basin, heated towel rail.
- Guest Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 2: 4.93m x 4.32m (16'2" x 14'2")with downland views, radiator, door to
- Large en suite Shower Roomwith large shower area with rainfall shower head, wash basin, heated towel rail, wc, underfloor heating.
- Bedroom 3: 13.00m x 5.44m (42'8" x 17'10")with radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 4.27m x 3.35m (14'0" x 11')with radiator.
- Large family Bathroomfitted with white suite comprising corner spa bath with shower fittings, separate corner shower cubicle, wc, wash basin with cupboards below, heated towel rail, radiator, deep linen storage cupboard.
- OutsideThe Priors is approached via a five bar gate with a long driveway to the front of the house, the current owners have extended the driveway to provide excellent off road parking. The beautifully landscaped gardens provide a delightful setting for the property with a number of mature trees and affords a high degree of seclusion and a south westerly aspect from the rear. The rear garden is principally laid to lawn for ease of maintenance and includes a variety of ornamental trees and shrubs which combine to give a high degree of privacy. The rear garden and terracing is illuminated and creates a glorious backdrop for the swimming pool and the house.
- Heated Swimming Poolflanked by the stone terracing with waterfall feature and concealed pump house with new pump and filter, gated side entrance.
- Garage: 5.33m x 4.11m (17'6" x 13'6")maximum approximately with oak doors, electric light and power, two wall mounted modern gas fired boilers, personal door to the house and door to the garden.