4 Bedroom, House | Vicarage Drive, Eastbourne
A remarkably spacious 4/5 bedroom family house of Edwardian character with a glorious 100' south westerly walled garden and outstanding views toward the downs.
The property has been in the present family ownership for many years and has been substantially and sensitively improved retaining much of its original elegant and delightful period character. The unusually large second floor bedroom will easily be returned to its original two bedroom format if required and the generous proportions of the rest of the accommodation are ideal for a large active family. The garden is one of the loveliest we have seen for some time. Only an internal inspection will convey the individual charm and appeal of this impressive property.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith tiled floor and inner glazed door to
- Magnificent Reception Hall: 4.06m x 3.80m (13'4" x 12'6")excluding the depth of the handsome period staircase, fine period ceiling detail, radiator and door to
- Large Rear Lobbywhich gives access to the rear garden.
- Sitting Room: 5.40m x 4.01m (17'9" x 13'2")commanding a lovely southerly garden aspect as well as a view toward the downs, Morso log burning stove on slate hearth, radiator, range of fitted cabinets and book shelving and casement doors give access to the rear garden.
- Spacious Dining Room: 4.88m x 3.96m (16'0" x 13')with pretty garden aspect and featuring a fine oak period fire surround with tiled hearth, 2 radiators.
- Spacious open plan Kitchen/Family Dining Room: 8.28m x 3.40m (27'2" x 11'2")into the wide window recess which affords a delightful garden aspect, extensive range of working surfaces with light oak finished cabinets and matching wall cupboards, floor to ceiling storage cupboard, range of oak shelving, radiator, island unit with inset double bowl sink unit with mixer tap and independent Quooker boiling water tap, Mercury range oven with 2 electric ovens and grill with 5 gas hobs above including wok hob and filter hood over, space for large fridge/freezer, door to garden and door to
- Utility Lobbywith plumbing for dishwasher and door to garage.The exceptionally fine staircase rises to the Large First Floor Landing with radiator, range of concealed shelving and fitted storage cupboard.
- Bedroom 1: 5.61m x 3.96m (18'5" x 13')commanding outstanding south westerly views to the downs, radiator.
- Shower Roomwith large shower with wall mounted shower fittings, low level wc and circular wash basin with mixer tap on oak shelving with oak shelf below, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
- Bedroom 2: 4.88m x 3.30m (16'0" x 10'10")into the wide window recess and excluding the recesses flanking the chimney breast and built in wardrobe cupboard, radiator and fine views.
- Bedroom 3: 3.96m x 3.20m (13' x 10'6")into the recess, radiator.
- Spacious Bathroom: 3.20m x 2.62m (10'6" x 8'7")excluding the deep door recess and featuring a handsome roll top Victorian style bath on pad feet, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, large linen storage cupboard housing lagged water cylinder and radiator.The fine staircase continues to the Second Floor Landing with access to extensive loft storage space.
- Bedroom 4: 6.10m x 4.88m (20'0" x 16'0")being approximate maximum measurements of the irregular shaped room with sloping eaves and breathtaking views to the downs, originally 2 bedrooms with scope for reversion to provide a fifth bedroom, now fitted with an extensive range of deep storage cupboards, wardrobes and access to under eaves storage space, wash basin and radiator.
- OutsideAn important feature of this property is the lovely garden setting. The front garden with its mature mulberry tree screens the property from the road. The walled rear garden extends to a depth in excess of 100' and secures a delightful south westerly aspect. Laid extensively to lawn there are profusely stocked flower beds and borders which contain a wide variety of specimen shrubs and ornamental as well as fruit trees. There are 2 attractive terraces with one flanking the rear elevation securing a delightful aspect. At the end of the garden is a productive area of kitchen garden as well as an aluminium framed Greenhouse and large timber framed Workshop.
- Garage: 4.70m x 2.80m (15'5" x 9'2")with double doors giving access to the entrance drive, wall mounted Worcester gas fired boiler, plumbing for washing machine and door to the utility lobby.The entrance drive affords good additional off road car parking space.