4 Bedroom, House | Filching, Polegate
A spacious detached house of individual design set within the scenic downland valley of Filching.
Constructed in relatively recent years to a generous specification and individual design the accommodation is arranged on two floors with the principal accommodation on the upper floor securing an attractive aspect. The accommodation arrangement provides an excellent opportunity to accommodate a dependent relative in the ground floor suite with its spacious reception room and large newly formed double bedroom. There is ample space for the construction of additional garaging if required subject to a planning application. Only an inspection will convey the individual character and unusual generous proportions of this spacious home.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Enclosed Entrance Lobbywith stone floor and inner double glazed door to
- Spacious Reception Hallwith radiator, extending to
- Large Inner Hallwith cloaks cupboard and large shelved linen storage cupboard housing lagged water cylinder, radiator.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 6.20m x 5.49m (20'4" x 18'0")commanding an attractive southerly aspect over the extensively lawned garden, open fireplace with gas coal effect fire, two radiators and archway gives access to the
- Dining Room: 4.14m x 3.15m (13'7" x 10'4")with radiator and double glazed casement doors to the rear courtyard garden.
- Spacious open plan Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 8.13m x 4.01m (26'8" x 13'2")narrowing to 7'5 in the breakfast recess, extensive range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets over, double bowl china sink with drainer and mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Neff eye level double oven and grill, inset Neff four ring ceran hob with filter hood over, plumbing for dishwasher, space for American style refrigerator, two radiators and fine views to wooded downland and toward the ancient Filching Manor.
- Utility Room: 2.92m x 1.60m (9'7" x 5'3")with stainless steel sink with cupboard below and matching wall cabinets over, double glazed door to the rear garden.
- Study: 4.14m x 2.13m (13'7" x 7')with radiator.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 4.14m x 3.96m (13'7" x 13')with an extensive range of fitted wardrobe cupboards, radiator and door to
- en suite Shower Roomwith shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, pedestal wash basin and low level wc, heated towel rail, extractor fan and window.
- Bedroom 2: 4.06m x 3.60m (13'4" x 11'10")with range of fitted wardrobe cupboards and matching bedside cabinets, radiator and view toward the downs.
- Bedroom 3: 2.95m x 2.87m (9'8" x 9'5")with range of fitted wardrobe and storage cupboards, radiator and view toward wooded downland.
- Spacious Shower Roomwith wet room style shower with shower screen and wall mounted shower fittings, low level wc and wash basin, radiator, extractor fan and window.The staircase decends from the upper entrance hall to the lower hall with a large walk in storage cupboard, a shelved storage cupboard, radiator.
- Ground Floor Reception Room: 6.20m x 5.44m (20'4" x 17'10")with handsome brick fire surround with gas coal effect fire, radiator, double glazed casement doors to the enclosed veranda with double glazed sliding patio doors to the paved terrace beyond.
- Bedroom 4: 5.94m x 4.78m (19'6" x 15'8")with underfloor heating and front garden aspect.
- Kitchenettewith worktop with stainless steel sink unit and drainer with cupboards below and over.
- Shower Roomwith shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, pedestal wash basin and low level wc, extractor fan.
- OutsideThere are extensively lawned gardens arranged between the property and Jevington Road which extend to a depth of about 100' by about 70' in width. This area of southerly open garden might be landscaped to provide privacy with an appropriate planting programm. There is a large courtyard style garden with a recently brick built wall with a very small area of garden beyond flanked by the post and rail fencing. The sweeping entrance drive and forecourt affords unusually generous car parking and turning space for a large number of cars.
- Garage: 6.17m x 2.36m (20'3" x 7'9")with automatic up and over door, wall mounted gas fired boiler for central heating, power and light points.