5 Bedroom, House | Polegate Road, Hailsham
A delightful detached 4 bedroom house set within extensive gardens with 2 garages. The property retains much of its original Arts and Crafts style.
Over the years the accommodation has been extended and now offers great potential for further improvement. Only an inspection will convey the individual character and charm of this intriguing property.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Hallwith radiator, deep storage cupboard.
- Sitting Room: 6.20m x 3.60m (20'4" x 11'10")excluding the depth of the Inglenook style fireplace recess with bressumer beam over and log burning stove on mellowed brick hearth, radiator, built in storage cupboard, beamed ceiling and double doors give access to
- Spacious Dining Room: 4.88m x 4.06m (16'0" x 13'4")including the depth of the stairwell, lovely garden aspect, radiator, woodblock flooring and sliding double glazed patio door to the terrace and garden.
- Study/Bedroom 5: 3.96m x 3.00m (13' x 9'10")with pretty garden aspect and Sussex style fire surround for electric fire, radiator.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with wall mounted shower fitting and shower screen, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, heated towel and garden aspect.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 5.10m x 2.26m (16'9" x 7'5")with pretty garden aspect and equipped with extensive range of polished stone working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and wall cabinets over, double bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Neff oven and grill, ceran hob with Miele filterhood over and refrigerator, radiator and double glazed door to
- Conservatory/Utility Room: 7.32m x 1.73m (24'0" x 5'8")with plumbing for washing machine, space for refrigerator and freezer and double glazed doors to gardens front and rear.The principal staircase rises from the Sitting Room to the First Floor Landing with window bench seating.
- Bedroom 1: 4.06m x 3.90m (13'4" x 12'10")excluding the depth of the range of built in wardrobe cupboards and the recess with shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings and wash basin, radiator and lovely garden aspect.
- Bedroom 2: 3.58m x 2.57m (11'9" x 8'5")into the recess and including the depth of the linen storage cupboard housing lagged water cylinder, wash basin and vanity unit with cupboards below and radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.05m x 1.93m (10'0" x 6'4")excluding the main eaves recess and partly reducing due to sloping ceiling, built in storage cupboard.
- Separate wcwith low level suite.A staircase rises from the Dining Room to the
- Spacious Bedroom 4/Studio Room: 4.88m x 4.10m (16'0" x 13'5")including the depth of the stairwell, wash basin inset into cabinet with cupboard below, lovely garden aspect.
- OutsideAn important feature of this property is its lovely garden setting which secures a good degree of seclusion. The rear garden extends to a depth of about 90' with a width of about 75'. Principally laid to lawn there are also borders which contain a variety of mature trees and shrubs including a number of fruit trees. There are 2 large terraces, one flanking the rear elevation and the other at the end of the garden screened by a row of cordoned apple trees.
- Large Garage 1: 6.10m x 3.05m (20'0" x 10'0")with automatic roller door, rear door to garden, power and light points.
- Garage 2: 4.70m x 3.18m (15'5" x 10'5")with up and over door, rear door to garden, power and light points. The small enclosed area beyond the rear garden with the 5 bar gate to the left of the garage is not included in the deeds of this property but has been used by the present owners for many years.
- Integral Garden Store.