2 Bedroom, Flat/Apartment | The Hoo, Church Street,
A truly impressive and unusually elegant home forming part of a magnificent mansion style period house designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens
The property is arranged in the form of a self contained wing of the original house commanding glorious southerly views across its own private terrace and garden and the magnificent communal gardens beyond towards the South Downs. The Hoo is Grade I listed and it is thought that the gardens were designed by Gertrude Jekyll with whom Lutyens regularly elaborated. Only an internal inspection will convey the outstanding quality of this fine home and its glorious setting.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Hallwith light oak flooring, radiator, built in cloaks cupboard and folding panelled doors opening into
- Magnificent Sitting Room/Dining Room: 7.87m x 5.23m (25'10" x 17'2")into the wide window recess which commands breathtaking views over the wonderful communal lawned gardens toward the downs. Handsome arts and crafts style period fire surround with open hearth, oak flooring, 2 radiators and an archway gives access to the small library recess with book shelving.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 3.35m x 2.40m (11' x 7'10")with a range of working surfaces with retro style drawers and cupboards below and matching range of wall cabinets over. Inset sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, additional deep storage cupboards, Britannia brushed steel finished electric oven with pan drawer below and 4 ring induction hob with filter hood over, plumbing for washing machine and dishwasher, space for American style refrigerator, wall mounted Worcester gas fired boiler, radiator.
- -The handsome staircase rises elegantly to the large First Floor Landing with an attractive sky light window and large shelved wardrobe/storage cupboard, shelved shoe/storage cupboard, newly installed retractable ladder gives access to the large attic storage area above with a window which affords far reaching views over Eastbourne to the sea.
- Bedroom 1: 4.88m x 4.37m (16'0" x 14'4")commanding breathtaking southerly views over gardens toward the downs and over Eastbourne to the sea. Mirror fronted wardrobe/storage cupboards, radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 3.30m x 2.87m (10'10" x 9'5")into the recess and excluding the deep door recess, radiator and views over Eastbourne to the sea.
- Bathroomwith white suite in retro styling with panelled bath with mixer tap and wall mounted rain shower and hand shower over with shower screen, wash basin, low level wc, radiator, built in storage cupboard and illuminated recess, window.
- Separate wcwith wash basin and cabinet below, low level wc, radiator, window.
- OutsideThis property has the very special benefit of a private area of terrace and lawned garden flanking its rear southerly elevation and measuring about 45' in depth by about 25' in width. The large stone paved terrace commands glorious views over the communal gardens which are reputed to have been designed by Gertrude Jekyll and are boarded by stocked flower beds. The adjacent lawned communal gardens are attractively walled in flint and featured 2 matching flint built gazebos for residents' use, beyond which is the wide lower terrace which features a wisteria clad wall with a circular pond water feature set into a dome shaped recess and, credited to Lutyens' original design. There is also a small area of kitchen garden part of which, might from time to time, become available if required.Large private brick built Garden Store affording generous storage space and situated conveniently for access from the property.
- Garage: 5.26m x 2.67m (17'3" x 8'9")The garage has vehicular access from Upper Kings Drive at the rear of The Hoo.