3 Bedroom, House | North Street,
An enchanting double fronted village house and tea room with a delightful westerly garden affording a rare opportunity to live and work in the historic downland village of Alfriston.
A rare opportunity to live and work in the centre of the historic and much sought after village of Alfriston, set within the heart of the beautiful South Downs National Park. Badgers Tea House and Garden comprises a freehold Grade 2 listed double fronted village house dating from circa 1510 and served as the village bakery for approximately 200 years until 1933. The tea house and garden is a thriving and profitable business with a turnover of over £200,000 p.a, is fully licenced and has a widespread reputation for breakfasts, light lunches and traditional afternoon teas, with scones and cakes baked daily on the premises. The business on the ground floor consists of a restaurant with 25 covers and The Parlour which provides a sharing table for up to 8 customers and display shelves including a window display for the cakes and scones. A modern kitchen includes a commercial dishwasher, ovens and refrigerator space and a cellar provides generous storage space for dry goods and freezers. The delightful walled garden provides space to seat an additional 25 covers with good shade available on summer days. A double garage provides further storage space and currently houses a large refrigerator for perishable goods. There is a parking facility for two cars at the rear. The charming cottage on the first and second floors consists of three bedrooms, a cosy sitting room with open fireplace, a study/kitchenette and a bathroom. Voted as one of the Six of the Best places in the UK for afternoon tea by the Sunday Express and the perfect place for afternoon tea (The Independent), Badgers has a cult following (The Guardian) and is a tea room to die for (Country Life), with a great reputation for cakes (Daily Mail).
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 1 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith door to
- Restaurant: 4.80m x 4.60m (15'9" x 15'1")measuring into the depth of the magnificent inglenook fireplace fitted with large gas fire.
- The Parlour: 3.25m x 3.07m (10'8" x 10'1")with fitted display shelves, radiator.
- Large Kitchen/Pantry: 5.10m x 4.40m (16'9" x 14'5")fitted with a range of stainless steel surfaces, commercial dishwashing machine, large gas cooker, 2 deep sinks and separate wash hand basin, generous storage units, window with aspect into the rear garden, pretty door leading outside.From the rear hall the delightful period staircase rises to the Spacious and Well Lit First Floor Landing with radiator.
- Sitting Room: 4.75m x 3.56m (15'7" x 11'8")affording a lovely aspect toward the nearby downland countryside, handsome period style fireplace, large built in storage cupboard, radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 3.80m x 3.40m (12'6" x 11'2")with handsome period style fireplace, deep built in storage cupboard, radiator.
- Study/Kitchenette: 2.57m x 2.46m (8'5" x 8'1")with fitted work surfaces with drawers and cupboards below, stainless steel sink unit, space for appliance, radiator.
- Bathroom/wcfitted with panelled bath, independent shower unit with Triton electric shower fittings, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, ladder radiator, deep linen cupboard, window.The staircase continues to the Second Floor Landing.
- Bedroom 1: 4.04m x 3.38m (13'3" x 11'1")affording lovely views toward the downs, 2 large eaves storage cupboards, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.89m x 2.82m (12'9" x 9'3")affording pretty views over the heart of the village, cupboard housing the gas fired boiler.From the ground floor rear hall the stairs descend to a
- Cellar: 4.52m x 3.02m (14'10" x 9'11")affording generous storage space for dry goods and freezers.
- OutsideAn important feature of the property is the beautiful walled rear garden which secures a delightful westerly aspect and provides space for an additional 25 covers with good shade afforded on hot summer days. Gated access at the rear.
- Double Garage/Store: 5.08m x 4.85m (16'8" x 15'11")currently arranged to provide generous storage space for perishable goods as well as additional refrigerators and freezers. There is the facility to park 2 vehicles at the rear of the property.