3 Bedroom, House | Upper Street, East Dean
A spaciously proportioned detached period house of enchanting character, secluded within its lovely gardens.
Enviably located in old world East Dean Village this listed Grade II property has an intriguing history with features of the house believed to date from the 13th century. Reputed to be the oldest cottage in the village Little Lane Cottage was at one stage, the village school, and then 3 cottages, before a skillful renovation restored it to its original use as a single family home. Fine period features have been carefully conserved. The charming detached flint built outbuilding offers scope for further accommodation subject to any consents required. Available with no onward chain.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith radiator.
- Sitting Room: 4.98m x 4.47m (16'4" x 14'8")into the handsome inglenook fireplace recess which features fine old stone work, a wide tiled hearth and solid oak bressumer beam over. Attractive double garden aspect, beamed ceiling, 2 radiators, view toward the downs, casement doors give access to the rear garden and door to
- Study: 4.80m x 1.83m (15'9" x 6'0")with triple garden aspect, radiator.
- Spacious Dining Room: 5.18m x 4.70m (17' x 15'5")into the window recess, wide inglenook fireplace with open tiled hearth and solid oak bressumer beam over and old bread oven recess, beamed ceiling, 2 radiators, deep shelved pantry cupboard, charming garden aspect and a view to the downs.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 5.08m x 2.64m (16'8" x 8'8")excluding the depth of the shelved larder cupboard and the recess for the fridge freezer, extensive range of Corian working surfaces with inset double bowl sink with drainer and mixer tap, integrated Stoves double oven with grill and 4 ring electric hob, radiator, quarry tiled floor, stable door to rear garden and door to
- Large Side Entrance Lobbywith stable door.
- Ground Floor Bathroom 2with panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment over, wash basin, low level wc, radiator.Two staircases rise to the First Floor. The staircase from the Sitting Room gives access to
- Bedroom 1: 4.04m x 3.80m (13'3" x 12'6")with views toward the downs and Belle Tout Light House, exposed oak beams, radiator, large under eaves storage space with window and open plan with
- Small Dressing Areawith good hanging space, radiator and window.
- Spacious Bathroom 1: 3.84m x 1.65m (12'7" x 5'5")with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment over, wash basin, bidet, low level wc, heated towel rail, extractor fan, linen storage cupboard and view toward the downs.
- Bedroom 2: 3.76m x 3.12m (12'4" x 10'3")with built in storage cupboard, radiator, loft access and view toward the downs.
- Bedroom 3: 3.84m 2.7mwith 3 deep storage cupboards and radiator.Bedrooms 2 and 3 are approached from the Kitchen via the second staircase and landing with under eaves storage cupboard. Bedroom 2 can also be accessed from Bedroom 1 via the Dressing Room.
- OutsideThe charming gardens provide a lovely and secluded setting for the house and are mainly arranged on the south and west sides of the property with the entrance drive approaching the house from the north east side. Overall the gardens are about 100' square with the principal south westerly area of garden delightfully secluded and secure a view toward the downs. Mainly lawned for ease of maintenance, there are flower beds and borders, shrubberies with a wide variety of flowering plants as well as an ornamental pond feature. (The area of lawned garden to the rear of the house also secures seclusion with a timber framed Summer House. There is a charming terrace flanking the garden room which secures sun through most of the day and a view toward the downs).
- Detached Flint Built Out Buildingdivided to form the
- Garden Room: 4.52m x 3.12m (14'10" x 10'3")with double casement doors set into an arch affording a lovely garden aspect, brick paved floor, flint walls and vaulted beam ceiling with skylight, power and light points.
- Workshop: 4.57m x 4.01m (15' x 13'2")also with brick paved floor, exposed flint walls and vaulted ceiling with skylight, power and light points and window.
- 3 Adjoining Garden Storesbelieved to have been originally the 3 dry closets for the use of the house in its earlier life as 3 cottages.The entrance drive and forecourt provide good off road car parking and turning space.