4 Bedroom, House | White Court, Kings Ride
Montagu House forms the substantial portion of an important Arts & Crafts style Manor House which is believed to have been built in 1904 by Lord Montagu as a wedding gift for his daughter.
The impressive and spaciously proportioned accommodation retains much of its glorious period character with the principal reception rooms featuring oak timbered ceilings of good height, large windows admitting a generous amount of natural light and a luxuriously equipped kitchen/breakfast room. There are fine south westerly views over the scenic Cuckmere Valley to the downland horizon. The communal facilities in respect of the park like grounds and tennis courts create a unique and wonderful setting. Only an internal inspection will convey the high merit of this very special property.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Porchand solid oak front door to
- Entrance Hallwith stone flooring, radiator, oak double doors lead into a beamed Reception Area with radiator and on to
- Magnificent Sitting Roomexcluding the depth of the handsome inglenook fireplace and window recesses, triple garden aspect and a the fine inglenook fireplace with its massive oak bressumer beam over and log burning stove, oak window bench seating and impressive 'crown and pinion' beamed and vaulted ceiling, two radiators and double glazed oak framed casement doors give access to the southerly private garden which commands glorious south westerly views over the communal grounds.
- Spacious Dining Roomexcluding the depth of the fine inglenook fireplace recess with oak bressumer beam over, beamed ceiling, large shelved storage cupboard, radiator and fine southerly views over the gardens towards the downs.
- Inner Hallwith handsome staircase with oak ballustrade, radiator, deep storage cupboard below stairs.
- Cloakroomwith wash basin and low level wc, radiator, extractor fan.
- Spacious Kitchen/Breakfast Roomwith range of polished granite working surfaces with inset double bowl sink unit and mixer tap, Shaker style drawers and cupboards below and wall cabinets, partly finished in oak with matching island unit including the breakfast bar with drawers and cupboards below, oak topped bench seat in the recess, appliances include the Miele oven with microwave oven above, five ring gas hob with filter hood over, pair of refrigerators and freezer unit, Miele dishwashing machine and plumbing for washing machine, concealed Vailant wall mounted gas fired boiler, radiator, tiled floor and door to the front forecourt.The handsome staircase with its oak ballustrade rises to the first floor Landing well lit by the oak mullion window and deep window cill, cupboard housing Megaflo hot water cylinder, radiator.
- Bedroom 2commanding southerly views over the private walled garden and the lawned communal gardens beyond to the scenic Cuckmere Valley. Radiator, two large built in storage cupboards, matching bedside cabinets and dressing table unit, radiator.
- Bedroom 3with range of fitted wardrobe cupboards and cabinet, radiator.
- Bedroom 4with radiator.
- Spacious Bathroom 2with white suite comprising panelled spa style bath with mixer tap and retractable shower fitting, separate shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, wash basin with cabinet below, low level wc, underfloor heating, heated towel rail, inset ceiling lighting, window.The staircase with its oak ballustrade continues to the well lit second floor Landing with loft access.
- Spacious Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1approximate maximum measurements of the floor area reducing due to some sloping ceilings, commanding breathtakingly beautiful views over the gardens and grounds of White Court and the Cuckmere Valley to the scenic downland beyond, Arts & Crafts style open fireplace, built in wardrobe cupboard, dressing table unit and matching cabinet, two radiators and door to
- Spacious Shower Roomwith shower unit, wash basin with cabinet below, low level wc, bidet, heated towel rail and door to large walk in storage cupboard.
- OutsideA charming feature of the property is the easily maintained and attractively landscaped area of private garden flanking the side and rear elevations and with access from the sitting room and dining room. Beyond the small private gardens are magnificent lawned gardens and grounds which extend to about 2 acres and are for the communal use of the residents of White Court. They flank the property mainly to the south and west and include two hard tennis courts for the use of the residents. The large communal forecourt in front of White Court provides a car parking facility in addition to
- Large Double Garagewhich is at the end of the coach house style building which has a pitched roof and clock tower.
- Managementof the gardens and grounds is arranged communally by White Court residents with, we are advised, a currently annual charge of £700 pa.