7 Bedroom, House | Jevington,
Commanding glorious views over adjacent downland countryside - a magnificent Sussex barn conversion with four attached luxurious holiday cottages.
Smugglers Barn is believed to date from the late 18th Century (not listed) and is one of the longest in the area at an impressive 75'. The Barn and attached holiday cottages were the subjects of a most attentive restoration in recent years using some of the finest materials including wonderful oak joinery that comprises a large portion of the interior structure and decor in the main building. Presently run as a holiday let business with annual turnover in recent years exceeding £50,000, the accommodation could equally serve as an exceptionally comfortable 'multi-generational' family home with three of the cottages being accessible via 'secret' doorways from the main barn. The current owners have further enhanced the appeal by luxuriously refitting the bathrooms and main kitchen as well as constructing an additional holiday cottage and oak framed detached garage. Only an inspection will convey the great potential and individual appeal of this impressive property.
- 7 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- 6 Receptions
- The Barn: 22.86m x 5.64m (75'0" x 18'6")Comprising reception area with magnificant full height windows, spacious sitting area with handsome Inglenook style fireplace, large dining area affording views of the garden and adjacent paddocks, impressive oak bifurcating staircase.
- Kitchen: 7.32m x 3.80m (24'0" x 12'6")Luxuriously refitted with bespoke oversized units by Barn Joinery of Eastbourne with extensive solid granite working surfaces, inset double bowl sink unit with mixer tap, integrated dishwasher, soft closing drawers, large island unit, Falcon range cooker with double ovens and gas hobs
- Mezzanine/Study Area: 9.14m x 4.11m (30' x 13'6")
- Master Bedroom: 4.88m x 4.42m (16'0" x 14'6")
- Bedroom 2: 4.57m x 3.35m (15' x 11')
- Owl Cottage
- Bedroom 1: 3.50m x 3.35m (11'6" x 11')
- Bedroom 2: 3.66m x 2.74m (12'0" x 9')
- Living/Kitchen Area: 5.56m x 3.66m (18'3" x 12'0")
- Fox Cottage
- Living/Kitchen Area: 5.94m x 4.42m (19'6" x 14'6")
- Bedroom: 3.80m x 2.90m (12'6" x 9'6")
- Oak Cottage
- Living/Kitchen Area: 4.04m x 3.80m (13'3" x 12'6")
- Brookes Cottage
- Living/Kitchen Area: 5.18m x 3.96m (17' x 13')
- Bedroom: 3.66m x 3.05m (12'0" x 10'0")
- OutsideThe property is enhanced by its extensive gardens which extend to at most 0.5 acres (to be confirmed) with the principal lawned rear garden securing a westerly aspect and glorious views over adjacent paddocks and scenic downland countryside. Each of the four holiday cottages benefit from respective private garden areas. There are two street entrances, one gated and to the south of the Barn leading to a large area of paved hardstanding and the other to the north of the Barn giving access to an impressive gravelled entrance forecourt with central pond feature.
- Large Oak Framed Garage: 5.49m x 4.27m (18'0" x 14'0")