7 Bedroom, House | Whiteway, Alfriston
A beautifully refurbished and spacious family house of great character with 2 annexe units currently generating a substantial income and set within the scenic Cuckmere Valley.
Forming the Arts and Crafts wing of the attached Grade II listed period manor house and commanding fine views over the valley to the South Downs the remarkably generous accommodation has been tastefully refurbished. There is scope for the accommodation of elderly relatives or for the commercial letting of the 2 annexe units, both of which generate a substantial income. The property forms the 1920's Arts and Crafts style southerly wing of Frog Firle Manor which is listed Grade II and believed to possibly date back to the 1600's. Only an inspection of the property will convey its exceptionally high appeal. Offered with early vacant possession if required.
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Large Reception Hallwith 2 radiators, deep storage cupboard below stairs, oak flooring, views over the Cuckmere Valley and 2 separate entrances.
- Cloakroomwith wash basin and low level wc.
- Spacious Sitting/Diniing Room: 7.10m x 4.06m (23'4" x 13'4")featuring handsome period style open fireplace with deep hearth and log burning stove, oak flooring, fine views over the garden to the South Downs and casement doors give access to the terrace and gardens.
- Study: 3.73m x 3.40m (12'3" x 11'2")with oak period style fire surround with open hearth, radiator, oak flooring.
- Luxuriously equipped spacious Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 6.76m x 2.30m (22'2" x 7'7")with extensive range of polished granite working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching range of wall cabinets over, inset deep china double sink with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Rangemaster Classic 90 double oven with five electric hobs and extractor fan over, dishwashing machine, radiator, space for fridge/freezer, oak flooring, door to
- Large Utility Lobbywith tiled floor, radiator, door to inner and outer courtyards.
- Utility Room: 2.82m x 1.63m (9'3" x 5'4")with oil fired boiler for heating and Telford pressurised hot water cylinder, plumbing for washing machine, space for dryer, door to courtyard.The staircase rises from the reception hall to the large First Floor Landing with 2 radiators.
- Spacious Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.28m x 4.10m (17'4" x 13'5")commanding views over the Cuckmere Valley, radiator, deep walk in wardrobe with wardrobe cupboards and door to
- Large en suite Shower Roomwith large shower unit with multi jet shower fittings, wash basin, high level wc, radiator, part panelled walls, fine views.
- Bedroom 2: 6.40m x 3.18m (21' x 10'5")with radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 5.28m x 2.57m (17'4" x 8'5")commanding far reaching views, radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 4.11m x 3.12m (13'6" x 10'3")with far reaching views, radiator.
- Spacious Family Bathroomwith large shower unit with multi jet shower system, wash basin and slipper style roll top bath on ball and claw feet with mixer tap and hand shower, high level wc, radiator.
- Frog Firle ViewAnnexe with separate approach from the entrance drive with covered steps leading to the front door.
- Entrance Hallradiator.
- Sitting/Dining Room: 5.30m x 3.15m (17'5" x 10'4")with Arts & Crafts style fireplace (sealed), fitted cupboard, radiator, door to
- Large Roof Terrace: 5.18m x 3.45m (17' x 11'4")into the recess and recently constructed with decked flooring and commanding outstanding views over the Cuckmere Valley to the South Downs.
- Open plan Kitchen: 2.36m x 2.29m (7'9" x 7'6")with range of bleached oak working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching range of wall cabinets over, inset one and a half bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, integrated electric oven with four ring electric hob with filter hood over, Bosch dishwashing machine, inset ceiling lighting and terrace aspect.
- Bedroom 1: 3.50m x 3.12m (11'6" x 10'3")excluding the depth of the deep door recess, radiator and view toward the downs and door to
- Jack and Jill spacious Shower Roomwith large shower unit with multi jet shower system, low level wc, wash basin, heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2: 4.14m x 2.74m (13'7" x 9')with Arts & Crafts style fireplace (sealed), radiator.
- Walkers RestAnnexe private front door to
- Large Entrance Hall/Utility Areawith radiator, worktop and door to
- Spacious Studio Room: 6.10m x 3.28m (20'0" x 10'9")including the depth of the deep kitchenette recess fitted with worktop with stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and cupboards below, period style fireplace (sealed), radiator, views toward the Cuckmere Valley and door to
- Shower Roomwith large shower with multi jet shower fitting, wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
- OutsideA feature of the property is extensively lawned garden to the rear of the property beyond which is the scenic Cuckmere Valley to which there is direct access from the property. Extending to a depth in excess of 100' the partly walled gardens feature a wide stone paved terrace which secures a most attractive aspect. The garden is interspersed with a number of trees and shrubs and there is a small area of kitchen garden at the rear and a large Garden Store housing the oil storage tank.
- Garage: 8.10m x 4.01m (26'7" x 13'2")with large folding doors, rear door, power and light points and radiator.
- Second Garage: 5.10m x 4.57m (16'9" x 15')very approximate measurements reduced partly by the dividing wall, power and light points.The forecourt provides additional off road car parking space.