3 Bedroom, House | The Green, East Dean
A very rare opportunity to secure one of the finest downland properties in the East Dean area flanked by scenic countryside yet within walking distance of the picturesque village green.
Commanding breathtaking views, this important detached house is believed to have been constructed in the 1920s and to a remarkably high specification in the Arts & Crafts style. Significantly and tastefully improved by the present owners the accommodation retains delightful features of its period with fine oak joinery, handsome fireplaces and outstanding views from the principal rooms. A large games room, constructed by a previous owner, connects with the enchanting flint built folly. An inspection will convey the exceptionally high merit of this very special property.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith stone floor and inner oak front door to
- Spacious Reception Hall: 5.94m x 4.70m (19'6" x 15'5")as it extends into the inner hall past the impressive oak staircase with its fine carved detail. 2 radiators, oak flooring, deep storage cupboard.
- Large Cloakroomwith wash basin, radiator, stone floor and door to
- Separate WCwith low level suite, radiator, stone floor, extractor fan and window.
- Sitting Room: 5.40m x 5.33m (17'9" x 17'6")into the recesses flanking the hansome stone and mellowed brick fireplace and the wide window bay which affords fine views, built in oak cabinets flank the fireplace, oak flooring and panelled wall and radiator.
- 2nd Reception Room: 4.50m x 3.60m (14'9" x 11'10")with a charming double aspect which includes far reaching views over the village to the downs, fine stone fire surround with carved detail, radiator, oak floor.
- Dining Room: 4.57m x 4.17m (15' x 13'8")into the window bay with a lovely garden aspect, fine stone floor, beamed ceiling with inset lighting, radiator and casement doors to the terrace and garden.
- Spacious farmhouse style Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 6.17m x 3.43m (20'3" x 11'3")equipped with a range of bespoke units by Chalon and a double aspect includes garden views. Honed granite working surfaces with double china sink inset with mixer tap and range of drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets over, central island unit with solid oak top, cabinet housing the Miele refrigerator, inset deep china sink with mixer tap and drawers and cupboards below, Aga range oven with two hobs, two ovens and adjacent matching double electric oven, grill and four gas hobs set into the inglenook style recess and flanked by cabinets, Bosch dishwasher, ceramic tiled floor, radiator, inset ceiling lighting and wiring for integral sound system together with the dining room.
- Utility Room: 3.66m x 2.87m (12'0" x 9'5")into the wide recess with deep china Butler's sink set into polished granite working surface with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets and shelving, space for freezer, radiator, tiled floor, door to garden.
- Study: 5.56m x 2.36m (18'3" x 7'9")with double aspect, log burning stove, range of fitted storage cupboards, radiator, parquet flooring and door to
- Laundry Room: 2.54m x 2.29m (8'4" x 7'6")with polished granite worktop with shelving and plumbing for washing machine below, corner wash basin, pair of Ideal classic wall mounted gas fired boilers and parquet floor.
- Inner Hallrecently fitted with range of storage cupboards, door to garden.
- Shower Roomnewly installed with shower, wash basin, low level wc, radiator and extractor fan.
- Large Games Room: 10.36m x 6.58m (34' x 21'7")with 4 concealed radiators and door to the staircase which gives access to the Garden Folly.The impressive oak staircase with its fine carved detail rises to the large galleried First Floor Landing.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 4.95m x 4.83m (16'3" x 15'10")commanding breathtakingly beautiful views to scenic downland countryside, engineered oak floor, radiator and door to
- Spacious en suite Bathroom: 3.73m x 2.44m (12'3" x 8'0")commandig fine views and with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, large newly installed shower unit, wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail, radiator and tiled floor.
- Bedroom 2: 5.18m x 4.06m (17' x 13'4")reducing due to sloping ceilings, double aspect with lovely garden views, fine Arts & Crafts style fireplace, radiator, engineered oak floor, fitted wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3: 3.76m x 3.73m (12'4" x 12'3")to include the depth of the wall to wall range of fitted wardrobe cupboards and the recesses, radiator, engineered oak floor and garden aspect.
- Spacious second Bathroom: 3.50m x 2.51m (11'6" x 8'3")with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap, wash basin, low level wc, shower unit with multi jet shower fittings, shelved linen storage cupboard housing lagged water cylinder, radiator.
- Separate wcwith wash basin, low level wc, radiator, window.
- OutsideThe extensive gardens and grounds combine to provide a glorious downland setting for Little Hill. Set within about 1.5 acres* (to be confirmed) which afford an unusually high degree of seclusion, the property secures wonderful downland views from the house and gardens and breathtaking views from the intriguing flint built Folly with its central staircase rising to the enclosed viewing floor which commands a truly panoramic vista and with access from the house via a tunnel constructed in relatively recent years. Extensively laid to lawn with areas of wild flower meadow, the gardens are also partly wooded and features a rose garden and private gated access to the South Downs National Park.
- Large Garage: 6.27m x 3.50m (20'7" x 11'6")with automatic up and over door, power and light points.
- Single Garage/Workshop: 5.49m x 2.36m (18'0" x 7'9")with light points.
- Large Garden Store and Log Shed