5 Bedroom, House | West Street, Alfriston
The Old Vicarage is one of the most intriguing houses within the downland village of Alfriston.
A 5 bedroom detached house listed Grade II and of Georgian character. The property retains a great deal of charm with a range of improvements which include a large double glazed orangery. The lovely mature garden setting is one of the important features of this house with the secluded and principal proportion of the garden securing a southerly aspect and a sense of being in the countryside belying its village setting. Viewing is strictly by appointment with the Sole Agents.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith doors to garage and to the
- Large Hallwith deep storage cupboard, cloaks cupboard, 2 radiators, door to cellar and door to garden
- Cloakroomwith low level wc and wash basin.
- Magnificent Sitting Room: 7.62m x 5.49m (25'0" x 18'0")into the window bay and featuring a handsome period style fire surround with gas coal effect fire, wall panelling to dado rail, 2 concealed radiators, southerly garden aspect and casement doors give access to the terrace and garden.
- Dining Room: 4.88m x 3.70m (16'0" x 12'2")with handsome period style fire surround with gas coal effect fire, wall panelling to dado rail, 2 radiators, double garden aspect and casement doors to the garden.
- Study: 3.90m x 3.58m (12'10" x 11'9")including the depth of the wall to wall range partly shelved storage cupboards which also house the Potterton gas fired boiler and hot water cylinder, range of adjustable book shelving and extending into a section of the
- Inner Hallwhich gives access to the kitchen/breakfast room and to the orangery.
- Double Glazed Orangery: 5.56m x 5.00m (18'3" x 16'5")into the pillared recess, concealed radiator, door to double garage and a series of doors open onto the courtyard garden.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 6.15m x 2.97m (20'2" x 9'9")with garden and orangery aspect, equipped with an extensive range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets over, inset double bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Bosch brushed steel finished oven and matching five ring gas hob with filter hood over, plumbing for dishwashing machine, large larder refrigerator, radiator, double doors to the orangery and door to garden.A concealed staircase descends from the inner hall to the
- Cellar: 3.48m x 3.48m (11'5" x 11'5")with extractor fan and power points.The staircase rises from the hall to the First Floor Landing with radiator.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 6.78m x 2.90m (22'3" x 9'6")commanding a fine southerly aspect over the gardens toward the downs, range of fitted shelving and corner cabinet, radiator.
- Large Dressing Area: 5.72m x 1.83m (18'9" x 6'0")with an extensive range of floor to ceiling wardrobe cupboards and range of adjustable shelving, radiator and door to
- Large Shower Room: 4.70m x 2.13m (15'5" x 7')with large shower and wall mounted shower fittings, wash basin flanked by cabinets, low level wc.
- Bedroom 2: 3.66m x 3.60m (12'0" x 11'10")with double aspect and fine southerly views, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.45m x 2.87m (11'4" x 9'5")with radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 3.60m x 3.50m (11'10" x 11'6")with radiator.
- Bedroom 5/Laundry Room: 3.60m x 1.83m (11'10" x 6'0")with stainless steel sink unit and plumbing and space for washing machine and for dryer, floor to ceiling storage cupboard, radiator.
- Bathroomwith panelled bath, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, radiator.
- OutsideAn important feature of this property is its lovely mature garden setting. The principal area of garden secures a southerly aspect and an unusually high degree of privacy. Principally laid to level lawn there are borders that contain specimen trees and shrubs of myriad variety. Believed to be designed by the late owner who was a professional garden designer the garden will appeal to the plant enthusiast but has been arranged now for relatively simple maintenance depending upon the level of interest of the new owner. A wide terrace flanks the elegant rear elevation and extends around the side of the house with a box hedge garden and a secluded courtyard which has access from the orangery.
- Bothy: 4.10m x 3.35m (13'5" x 11')constructed of flint with a pitched tiled roof with power and light and a door gives access to the lane at the rear.
- Garden Storewith access from the courtyard.
- Double Garage: 5.49m x 4.78m (18'0" x 15'8")with electronically operated door, hose tap.The entrance forecourt offers additional car parking/turning space.