5 Bedroom, House | The Combe, Ratton
A truly outstanding detached house of impressive Sussex style period character within landscaped gardens adjacent scenic downland countryside.
Constructed to an impressive bespoke specification and substantially and tastefully improved particularly within recent years this magnificent house is enhanced by fine original features including high quality oak joinery throughout most of the accommodation including handsome oak floors and oak beamed ceilings. The accommodation is flooded with natural daylight from oak framed and double glazed windows. The large detached double garage with its cavity wall construction and roof height offers potential for conversion to provide a granny annexe if other accommodation is required. Only an internal inspection will convey the outstanding merit of this fine property. Early possession might be available if required.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Impressive and timbered wide Entrance Porchwith solid oak panelled pair of front doors giving access to
- Spacious Reception Hall: 5.94m x 3.66m (19'6" x 12'0")featuring a fine solid oak staircase and oak flooring, radiator, deep storage cupboard below stairs.
- Spacious Cloakroomwith low level wc, wash basin and cabinet below, radiator, window.
- Magnificent Sitting Room: 8.23m x 5.33m (27'0" x 17'6")with fine triple garden aspect and handsome period style stone fire surround with large log burning stove on granite hearth, oak flooring, beamed ceiling, 3 radiators and oak framed double glazed casement doors give access to the garden.
- Dining Room: 5.18m x 5.18m (17' x 17')including the depth of the wide window bay, oak flooring, beamed ceiling, 2 radiators.
- Study: 4.57m x 2.74m (15' x 9')with range of fitted furniture including a wide desk unit and wall shelving, oak floor, radiator and garden aspect.
- Spacious Kitchen/Family Dining Room: 6.10m x 5.00m (20'0" x 16'5")into the recess, commanding views to the sea and luxuriously equipped with extensive range of Dekton marbled granite working surfaces with range of drawers and cupboards below with matching range of wall cabinets and storage cupboards, one and a half bowl sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Rangemaster double oven with pan drawer and 6 ring induction hob with filter hood over, dishwashing machine and space for American style refrigerator, 2 radiators, inset ceiling lighting.
- Large Utility Room: 4.27m x 2.74m (14'0" x 9')with extensive range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall cabinets and storage cupboards, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, plumbing for washing machine and space for dryer, radiator.
- Rear Lobbywith 2 deep walk in storage cupboards and door to garden.The impressive solid oak staircase rises to the Large Galleried Landing with radiator, 3 large built in storage cupboards, retractable ladder access to the extensive loft space.
- Magnificent Master Bedroom Suite comprising Bedroom 1: 8.23m x 5.30m (27'0" x 17'5")to include the large dressing recess equipped with extensive range of wardrobe cupboards, dressing table unit with matching drawer cabinets and bedside cabinets, 2 radiators, oak flooring, fine garden aspect and door to
- Spacious Shower Room: 3.73m x 2.26m (12'3" x 7'5")luxuriously equipped with large shower with wall mounted shower fittings, wash basin set into wide vanity unit, low level wc, radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 4.37m x 3.96m (14'4" x 13')with oak flooring, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 4.37m x 3.78m (14'4" x 12'5")with oak flooring, fitted wardrobe cupboards, radiator and door to large under eaves storage space.
- Bedroom 4: 4.45m x 3.96m (14'7" x 13')into the sloping eaves, fitted wardrobe cupboard, range of dressing table and cupboard units, matching bedside cabinets.
- Bedroom 5: 2.90m x 2.26m (9'6" x 7'5")excluding the deep storage recess, radiator.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower, wash basin in vanity unit with drawers below, low level wc, large shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, radiator.
- Separate wcwith wash basin in vanity unit with range of fitted cupboards, radiator.
- OutsideA particularly fine feature of this property is its lovely garden setting. Backing on to scenic downland countryside the garden is extensively lawned for ease of maintenance and landscaped with borders and flower beds which, with a variety of specimen trees and shrubs combine to provide a good degree of privacy and colour through the year. There are various sheltered seating areas from which there are outstanding views including views toward the sea. A sheltered paved terrace with rose clad pergola flanks the house on the westerly and southerly elevations securing a good degree of privacy and sun throughout much of the day.
- Large Double Garage: 7.20m x 6.10m (23'7" x 20'0")with oak sliding doors, power and light points, double glazed windows in oak frames and access to the large loft space. (Subject to any consents required this large garage building with its cavity wall construction provides an opportunity for provision of further accommodation if required).
- Large Garden Store: 3.84m x 2.44m (12'7" x 8'0")with double doors.
- Large Integral Storehousing the Worcester wall mounted gas fired boiler and the pressurised hot water system with accumulator cylinder. Large brick and tiled Garden/log Store and large aluminimum framed Greenhouse. The gated entrance drive and large forecourt offers unusually generous parking space for a large number of cars and potential for further garaging.