5 Bedroom, House | Church Street, Willingdon Village
**Price Range £800,000 to £830,000** Enviably situated in the charming village of Willingdon - A Grade II listed five bedroom double fronted Georgian house of fine character.
The property is understood to date from circa 1792 with some later additions. The spaciously proportioned accommodation (approximately 265 sq metres) has been attractively maintained and improved over the years to provide a wonderfully elegant home. A fine feature of the property is the 22' drawing room with double aspect as well as a 16' sitting room with log burner and vaulted ceiling we understand that the house was owned from 1983 to 1990 by Richard Lewis CBE who was an international opera and concert singer. More recently the artist Prince Romanoff lived and worked there. An early appointment to view this impressive home is strongly recommended.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Reception Hallwith flagstone floor, radiator.
- Inner Hallwith cloaks cupboard, door to garden, door to cellar.
- Drawing Room: 6.83m x 3.35m (22'5" x 11')excluding the depth of the recesses and affording a double aspect, handsome period style fireplace, radiator.
- Dining Room: 4.22m x 3.53m (13'10" x 11'7")with westerly view towards the downs, large inglenook style fireplace, radiator.
- Sitting Room: 5.00m x 3.76m (16'5" x 12'4")excluding the deep door recess and with vaulted ceiling, woodburner, triple aspect, door to rear garden.
- Study: 5.08m x 2.46m (16'8" x 8'1")including the depth of the extensive range of fitted storage cupboards, concealed sink with mixer tap set within a veneer lined store cupboard.
- Large Cloakroom: 2.44m x 2.44m (8'0" x 8'0")with wc, wash basin, door to Storage Area (the large cloakroom and the storage area were previously the garage and could potentially be converted to provide a ground floor bedroom suite subject to consents).
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 4.57m x 4.22m (15' x 13'10")with view towards the downs and fitted with extensive range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below, range of integrated appliances including the fridge/freezer, dishwasher, electric eye level fan oven and microwave above, electric induction hob with filter hood over, plumbing for washing machine, radiator. A staircase from the inner hall leads down to the
- Cellar: 7.50m x 2.80m (24'7" x 9'2")with radiator.The handsome staircase rises to the spacious well lit First Floor Landing with Study Area.
- Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 6.25m x 3.40m (20'6" x 11'2")with period style fireplace, double aspect, door to
- Dressing Room: 5.18min length with extensive range of fitted wardrobes and cupboards, door to terrace.
- en suite Bathroomwith underfloor heating and white suite comprising panelled bath with wall mounted shower fittings over, pedestal wash basin, wc, heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2: 4.70m x 3.23m (15'5" x 10'7")excluding the depth of the fitted wardrobe cupboards, door to bathroom, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.58m x 3.20m (11'9" x 10'6")including the depth of the built in wardrobe cupboards, fine views towards the downs, door to
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with wall mounted shower fittings over, pedestal wash basin, wc, underfloor heating.The staircase continues to the Top Floor Landing.
- Bedroom 4: 3.96m x 3.25m (13' x 10'8")affording fine views toward the sea, under eaves storage, radiator.
- Bedroom 5: 3.40m x 3.30m (11'2" x 10'10")with fine views across Eastbourne to the sea, undereaves storage, radiator.
- OutsideA fine feature of this property is the pretty southerly facing flint walled garden which is principally laid to lawn. There is a wide paved terrace which flanks the rear elevation and a further area at the far end of the garden laid to shingle which provides a lovely seating area. External staircase leading to the terrace and master bedroom suite. Gated side access.The former garage has been converted to provide additional accommodation.