£825,000 - SOLD
4 Bedroom, House | High Street, Alfriston
A rare opportunity to secure a spacious detached period house in the heart of the highly sought after downland village of Alfriston.
Commanding southerly views over the scenic Tye and parish church this intriguing Grade II listed house retains a wealth of period features in a Georgian style. There is a fine staircase curving gracefully through the house lit by a circular roof light. The generous accommodation has been improved by the present owners and affords 4 reception rooms and a kitchen/breeakfast room. An early appointment to view is strongly recommended.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbywith tiled floor, radiator, inner glazed door to
- Sitting Room: 4.78m x 3.66m (15'8" x 12'0")with handsome fire surround and gas log effect stove, radiator, double aspect and double doors to
- 2nd Reception Room: 3.53m x 2.67m (11'7" x 8'9")with fireplace, fitted wood burner, fitted shelving, fine views toward the church and the downs beyond, radiator.
- Study: 4.37m x 1.93m (14'4" x 6'4")with radiator.The handsome period staircase descends to the
- Lower Hallwith radiator.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 3.86m x 3.50m (12'8" x 11'6")and fitted with double Belfast sink unit with range of bespoke oak storage cupboards, integrated refrigerator, space and plumbing for washing machine, gas fired Aga oven, brick flooring door to
- Rear Lobbywith garden access on two sides and door to
- Snug: 4.04m x 2.50m (13'3" x 8'2")with fine brick flooring, wood burning stove, garden aspect, door to
- Laundry Roomwith space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Ground Floor Bedroom 4: 3.00m x 2.97m (9'10" x 9'9")excluding the depth of the door recess, garden aspect, radiator, built in wardrobe cupboard.
- Cloakroom/Shower Roomrefitted with low level wc, shower unit with wall mounted fittings, wash basin set into vanity unit with cupboards below, radiator.The period staircase rises from the hall floor landing to the First Floor Landing with radiator, walk in linen storage cupboard housing the lagged water cylinder.
- Bedroom 1: 3.66m x 3.60m (12'0" x 11'10")with handsome period style fireplace, deep walk in wardrobe cupboard, radiator.
- Spacious Bathroom: 3.50m x 2.67m (11'6" x 8'9")with lovely views to the church and to the downs, fine period style fireplace, roll top Victorian style bath on ball and claw feet, high level wc, wash basin, unfitted pine unit, radiator.The staircase continues to the Second Floor Landing well lit by glorious Beehive style skylight believed to be one of the early period features of the house, large walk in wardrobe/storage cupboard.
- Bedroom 2: 3.78m x 3.76m (12'5" x 12'4")excluding the depth of the large walk in wardrobe cupboard with radiator and loft access, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 3.60m x 2.80m (11'10" x 9'2")and commanding breathtaking views over the Tye to the church and the scenic downland countryside beyond, radiator.
- OutsideThe walled cottage style garden is an attractive feature of the property arranged to the rear and the side of the house and securing a southerly aspect, principally laid to lawn there is also a variety of trees including fruit trees and a wisteria clad pergola which combine to provide a high degree of privacy. There is rear access to the Tye.
- Large double length Garage: 8.53m x 2.90m (28' x 9'6")with automatically operated double doors, light and power points. Garden Store below garage. External Store housing the gas fired boiler.