£1,300,000 - SOLD
5 Bedroom, House | St Johns Road, Meads, Eastbourne
SOLD SUBJECT TO CONTRACT - SIMILAR PROPERTIES URGENTLY REQUIRED FOR DISAPPOINTED BUYERS - An unusually spacious and extremely elegant detached house of great character in the heart of Meads.
Reputed to have been originally built in about 1939 for Louis G Ford, an eminent local business family, the property has been substantially refurbished by our clients in recent years. Retaining much of its delightful character and enhanced by further improvements the property retains fine features such as handsome oak herringbone parquet flooring. The remarkably spacious and boarded loft space has been used in the past as an art studio and games room and offers potential, subject to consent, for further accommodation. The garden, extending to a depth of about 100', is walled and provides an ideal setting for family use. The property is available for early vacant possession with no onward chain.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Spacious Reception Hall: 6.10m x 6.10m (20'0" x 20'0")approximate maximum measurements of the L shaped space featuring a handsome oak staircase, fine oak heringbone parquet flooring, 2 concealed radiators, large built in cloaks cupboard and under stairs storage cupboard.
- Cloakroomfitted with low level wc, wash basin with drawer below, heated tiled flooring, radiator and window.
- Sitting Room: 5.56m x 4.32m (18'3" x 14'2")with period style stone fire surround flanked by stained glass windows.
- Dining Room: 4.57m x 3.96m (15' x 13')with period style stone fire surround, 2 radiators, lovely garden aspect and casement door to the rear garden.
- Study/TV Room: 3.76m x 3.35m (12'4" x 11')with fitted cabinet with book shelving, radiator.
- Play Room: 3.05m x 2.29m (10'0" x 7'6")with radiator and garden aspect.
- Luxuriously refitted Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 4.72m x 3.05m (15'6" x 10'0")equipped with extensive range of polished granite working surfaces with soft closing drawers and cupboards below and matching range of wall cabinets over, inset double bowl stainless steel sink unit with Quooker multi function tap system which includes drinking water and instant hot water, range of AEG integrated appliances include the pair of double ovens including grill, steam and microwave, four ring induction hob with filter hood over, eye level refrigerator with freezer unit below, under floor heating, tiled floor and part tiled walls,
- Utility Roomwith worktop with stainless steel sink with mixer tap, plumbing for washing machine, space for dryer, range of wall cabinets, window.
- Rear Lobbywith door to garden and doors to
- Boiler Roomwith pair of Ideal gas fired wall mounted boilers, hot water cylinder and pump,
- Large Pantrywith space for freezer.The handsome oak staircase rises from the reception hall to the Large Galleried Landing with fine herringbone oak parquet flooring, large linen storage cupboard, 2 concealed radiators.
- Large and useful boarded Loft Space: 8.53m x 4.88m (28' x 16'0")with folding ladder access from the large landing and measuring about with 4 double glazed roof windows, radiator, power and light points and access to further storage space.
- Spacious Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 6.10m x 4.42m (20'0" x 14'6")with radiator and door to
- Dressing Room/Bedroom 5: 3.43m x 2.29m (11'3" x 7'6")with radiator and double glazed door to the handsome sheltered Balcony with tiled floor and solid oak beamed structure and southerly aspect.
- Spacious en suite Shower Roomrefurbished with large shower unit, wash basin with cabinet below, low level wc, heated towel rail, tiled floor with under floor heating, window.
- Bedroom 2: 4.57m x 4.04m (15' x 13'3")with radiator and double aspect.
- Bedroom 3: 4.57m x 3.25m (15' x 10'8")with fitted cabinets, radiator and double aspect.
- Bedroom 4: 3.80m x 3.35m (12'6" x 11')with radiator and double aspect.
- Family Bathroomrefitted with white suite with luxurious spa style bath with shower and mixer tap, large shower unit with multi jet shower system, wash basin in cabinet with cupboard below, low level wc, tiled floor with under floor heating and tiled walls, extractor fan and window.
- OutsideA fine feature of this property is its delightful walled garden. The rear garden extends to a depth of about 100' and is laid principally to lawn for ease of maintenance with borders containing a wide variety of ornamental trees and shrubs including fruit trees and some yew trees which combine to provide a good degree of privacy. A paved terrace flanks the rear elevation and a further terrace secures sun through much of the day.
- Garage: 5.94m x 2.87m (19'6" x 9'5")with electronically operated door, power and light points.The entrance drive and front garden have been hard landscaped to provide very generous car parking and turning space for a large number of cars. There is a 7kw pod point electric car charger.