5 Bedroom, House | Castle Drive, Pevensey Bay
A remarkably spacious detached chalet style bungalow adjacent scenic countryside with flexible family accommodation as a five bedroom house, or three bedroom with ground floor annexe enhanced by lovely and extensive gardens.
This charming and generously proportioned accommodation has been considerably improved in recent years with some finishing improvements to be completed by a future owner. The location of the property, adjacent to scenic countryside, provides a unique opportunity for a buyer seeking a rural lifestyle with the great advantage of being in close proximity to the amenities of Pevensey Bay, as well as the sea just beyond.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Lobbyand inner door to
- Spacious L shaped Reception Hallwith 2 storage cupboards, 2 radiators, wood block parquet flooring in the principal hall and tiled flooring in the Inner Hall which also has access to loft storage space.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 5.30m x 4.50m (17'5" x 14'9")commanding delightful view over the garden with distant views towards the south downs, handsome fireplace with log burning stove on tiled hearth with oak over mantle, wood block parquet flooring, radiator.
- Spacious Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 4.88m x 3.60m (16'0" x 11'10")with lovely garden aspect, range of working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below, inset double bowl stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, coal burning Rayburn stove with oven and hob, plumbing for washing machine, space for fridge/freezer, pantry cupboard and door to
- Lean to Utility Area and Storewith garden access.
- Rear Hallwith wood block flooring, deep linen storage cupboard with thermal store hot water and heating system.
- Dining Room: 3.66m x 3.60m (12'0" x 11'10")with garden aspect, built in storage cupboard, radiator and door communicating with the kitchen/breakfast room.
- Bedroom 1: 4.80m x 3.50m (15'9" x 11'6")with a south westerly aspect, built in wardrobe cupboard, radiator and wood block flooring.
- Bedroom 2/Study: 3.73m x 3.50m (12'3" x 11'6")with charming garden aspect, built in cupboards, wood block parquet flooring, radiator.
- Shower Roomwith large shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, bidet, heated towel rail, radiator.
- Ground Floor Annexe AccommodationThis part of the property has been recently improved to provide potential for an annexe suite and comprises:
- Hall(formed by the inner hall) with tiled floor with electric under floor heating, radiator and loft access.
- Sitting Room: 4.98m x 3.56m (16'4" x 11'8")with a view toward the downs, tiled floor with electric under floor heating, double glazed door to the garden.
- Bedroom: 3.96m x 3.73m (13' x 12'3")with pair of built in wardrobe/storage cupboards, tiled floor with electric under floor heating.
- Shower Room/wcwith wall mounted shower fittings and screen, low level wc, wash basin, heated towel rail, tiled floor and walls, under floor heating, window.The staircase rises from the main reception hall to the First Floor Landing with built in storage cupboard and door giving access to the large and useful loft space.
- Bedroom 3: 3.66m x 2.13m (12'0" x 7')reducing partly due to the sloping eaves ceiling), radiator and deep built in wardrobe/storage cupboard and open plan with
- Dressing Room: 3.05m x 2.29m (10'0" x 7'6")reducing due to sloping ceilings) with radiator and deep wardrobe/storage cupboard.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower fitting and screen, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail, tiled walls, window.
- OutsideAn important feature of this property is its glorious garden setting with the principal area of rear and side garden extending to about 150' by 160'. The gardens are extensively lawned for ease of maintenance and are flanked on the south and west sides by scenic farmland over which there are views toward the downs. The principal area of lawned garden features a variety of trees and shrubs which combine to provide a high degree of privacy and includes 3 ancient hawthorn trees as well as mature chestnut trees, a fine eucalyptus tree, and fruit trees. There is a productive area of kitchen garden flanked by useful timber framed Garden Shed, Workshop, Wood Store and an aluminium framed Greenhouse.
- Double Garage: 5.74m x 4.67m (18'10" x 15'4")with up and over door, power and light points.The main entrance drive provides generous off road car parking and turning space. There is a further small drive way for an annexe if needed.