£800,000 - SOLD
6 Bedroom, House | Edensor Road, Meads, Eastbourne
An unusually spacious 6 bedroom family house retaining wonderful Edwardian character.
The property has been occupied by the same faimly for about 20 years and care has been taken to preserve the delightful Arts and Crafts period character which includes some fine fireplaces and a handsome staircase that rises up through the centre of the house to a large galleried landing which commands breathtaking views. Only an internal inspection will convey the charm and appeal of this delightful home. Available with early possession if required.
- 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Porchand front door to
- Entrance Lobbywith inner hall with stained glass panels to
- Reception Hallwith deep storage cupboard below stairs, radiator.
- Sitting Room: 5.18m x 5.18m (17' x 17')with handsome Arts and Crafts style fireplace with gas coal effect fire, radiator.
- -The staircase rises to the Mezzanine level.
- Spacious Reception/Dining Room: 5.70m x 3.96m (18'8" x 13')with garden aspect and fine Arts and Crafts fire surround with gas coal effect fire, radiator and door to
- Rear Garden Lobbywith garden access.
- Spacious Kitchen/Family Dining Room: 6.25m x 4.11m (20'6" x 13'6")into the recess and with extensive range of polished granite working surfaces with drawers and cupboards below and matching range of wall cabinets over, deep china butlers sink with mixer tap, Rangemaster double oven with grill and six gas hobs with filter hood over, dishwashing machine, conceealed wall mounted Viessmann gas fired boiler, 2 radiators, double aspect and door to
- Utility Room: 2.92m x 2.13m (9'7" x 7')with stainless steel sink unit with cupboards below and wall cabinets over, plumbing for washing machine and dryer, space for freezer and door to garden.
- Bathroomwith panelled bath, mixer tap, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, radiator and 2 windows.
- -The fine period style staircase continues to the First Floor Landing.
- Bedroom 1: 5.18m x 3.96m (17' x 13')with far reaching views over Eastbourne to the sea, handsome Arts and Crafts style fireplace, radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 3.78m x 2.74m (12'5" x 9')into the recess with period fireplace, radiator.
- -The staircase continues to the Second Floor Landing.
- Bedroom 3: 4.62m x 3.96m (15'2" x 13')with fine period fireplace, radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 4.78m x 3.35m (15'8" x 11')with period fire surround, radiator and range of fitted wardrobe cupboards with matching bedside cabinets.
- Bathroomwith panelled bath with mixer tap, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, shower unit and linen storage cupboard, radiator, window.
- Separate wcwith wash basin and windows.
- -The staircase continues to the Spacious Top Floor Galleried Landing which commands glorious views over playing fields and Eastbourne to the sea and toward Hastings.
- Bedroom 5: 5.49m x 3.05m (18'0" x 10'0")excluding the depth of the recesses and reducing partly due to sloping ceilings, radiator, access to under eaves storage space.
- Bedroom 6: 4.01m x 3.66m (13'2" x 12'0")with partly sloping ceiling, period fire surround.
- Spacious second Bathroomwith panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, low level wc, access to under eaves storage space.
- OutsideThere are compact and easily maintained gardens to the front and rear of the property which are partly lawned and flanked by a variety of shrubs affording good degree of privacy.