2 Bedroom, Flat/Apartment | Church Street, Willingdon
A delightful 2 bedroom maisonette style property forming part of this important Grade I listed Lutyens House within gardens reputed to have been designed by Gertrude Jekyll.
The elegant accommodation has been attractively maintained over the years and features a wonderful 28' x 20' dual aspect sitting/dining room which affords a charming view of the churchyard and parish church of St Mary's. Only an inspection will convey the delightful appeal of this charming period property.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 1 Receptions
- Spacious Entrance Hallwith deep cupboard below stairs, radiator.
- Bedroom 1: 3.38m x 3.35m (11'1" x 11')with extensive wall to wall mirror fronted wardrobes.
- Bedroom 2: 3.35m x 3.07m (11' x 10'1")with radiator and fitted shelving.
- Study/Dressing Room: 2.13m x 2.06m (7' x 6'9")with a charming aspect into the communal courtyard, radiator.
- Large Bath/Shower Room with wcwith suite consisting of panelled bath, glass enclosed shower unit, low level wc, space and plumbing for washing machine, heated towel rail, airing cupboard housing the Worcester gas fired boiler, tiled walls and floor, window. The staircase rises to the First Floor Landing.
- Magnificent Sitting/Dining Room: 8.59m x 6.00m (28'2" x 19'8")including the depth of the 2 impressive deep window bays, one of which secures delightful views of the ancient parish church of St Mary's, barrel vaulted ceiling, stone fireplace inset with coal effect gas fire, 6 radiators, deep store cupboard with window.
- Kitchen: 3.07m x 2.34m (10'1" x 7'8")(irregular shaped room) affording a pleasant aspect towards the Old Vicarage and fitted with an extensive range of working surfaces with oak fronted drawers and cupboards below, sink unit with mixer tap, gas hob, integrated oven, space for microwave, tiled walls, hatch to loft.
- Cloakroom/wcwith low level wc, wash basin, window.
- OutsideA most important feature of the property is the communal garden setting which is believed to have been designed by Gertrude Jekyll. Flanked by lovely old flint walls, there are sweeping lawns from where delightful views over Willingdon Village toward the downland countryside beyond can be secured.